Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Infiniti QX60 Luxe FWD
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2019 QX60 FWD w/ 10,300 miles January 17th.
I live in NYC so yes there is a lot of stop and go.
Since day one, I have driven the vehicle in “Eco” mode hoping to save gas.
I make sure the little green Eco icon on the display is lite which obviously means I’m within the correct driving parameters.
At this point, I’ve owned this vehicle for less than 2 months. When I check the gas mileage average, it’s showing 13mpg!
The vehicle is never fully occupied, there is never any heavy load…
I’ve driven approximately 800 miles city & highway and I’m frustrated.
Please believe me when I say that I want to drive my vehicle in “Std” Or even “Sport” so badly but I’m doing my best to save.
My off the line is so bad, I’m literally driving like my grandmother! Lol.
I was starting to think there might be some sort of sensor or filter issue.
Where is the 19mpg city advertised??

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’m in the same boat as you. My wife just purchase a 2018 QX60 2 weeks ago with 30,023 miles on it. I live in MA and she tried to drive in eco and still seems like it’s drinking a lot. My 2017 Durango gets way better gas mileage than her’s and I dove in sport mode. I’m thinking about changing the air filter to an K&N and spraying out the Massflow sensor tomorrow to see if that helps. I’ll keep you posted

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m in the same boat as you. My wife just purchase a 2018 QX60 2 weeks ago with 30,023 miles on it. I live in MA and she tried to drive in eco and still seems like it’s drinking a lot. My 2017 Durango gets way better gas mileage than her’s and I dove in sport mode. I’m thinking about changing the air filter to an K&N and spraying out the Massflow sensor tomorrow to see if that helps. I’ll keep you posted
I would appreciate it if you did. I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would appreciate it if you did. I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Well I replace the oem air filter with an K&N filter and sprayed the MAF sensor because it was dirty. Gas mileage and performance went up. I only had the QX60 for 2 weeks now but DEFINITELY runs better. You should try it. $45 for the filter and $15 for the MAF sensor cleaner. Only took 20 mins… Let me know how you turn out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I replace the oem air filter with an K&N filter and sprayed the MAF sensor because it was dirty. Gas mileage and performance went up. I only had the QX60 for 2 weeks now but DEFINITELY runs better. You should try it. $45 for the filter and $15 for the MAF sensor cleaner. Only took 20 mins… Let me know how you turn out.
I’m happy to hear it worked for you! I’ll be ordering the filter and cleaning the sensor as well.
thank you for the update!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Runs better = better mileage? :)

i understand it might breath better and possibly more efficient; but did your mileage greatly improve?

thank you
Runs better = better mileage? :)

i understand it might breath better and possibly more efficient; but did your mileage greatly improve?

thank you
According to the gentleman, both performance and mileage increased. Upon reading countless statements of people having the same issue and finding a positive outcome by doing this quick fix, doesn’t hurt to try myself.
I must admit though that I’m not too comfortable with the K&N.

·
Registered
16 Posts
From what my wife told me it went up. But I don’t know how much sin I really don’t drive it. My Durango has a K&N cold air intake. Now the QX60, I just replaced the filter with an K&N filter. I would not put an CAI in a qx60…

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ok thanks. Yeah I’m just doing normal filters, but I did remove my maf sensor and cleaned it again. It should be cleaned periodically anyhow and I don’t think I’ve cleaned it for a couple of years. We’ll see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok thanks. Yeah I’m just doing normal filters, but I did remove my maf sensor and cleaned it again. It should be cleaned periodically anyhow and I don’t think I’ve cleaned it for a couple of years. We’ll see.
Let me know the results. Especially since it's been years since you cleaned it. You DEFINITELY going to notice

1 - 13 of 13 Posts