Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On our 2,500 mile trip to California from Washington was uneventful mechanical wise. The car ran fantastic and was very comfortable. This is the third long road trip with 4 adults where we used the cargo box. No performance issues other than a slight decrease in mpg's in high wind areas.

Not the best pictures, but with 4 adults , we loaded the JX with 4 large rolling suitcases (3 laying down in back and 1 in the cargo box), 2 backpacks, Ice chest, Food bag, and a whole bunch of other crap that our wives picked up along the trip. By the time we started back from Disneyland and then SF, there wasn't a spot for anything else in the back or Yakima Rocket Box 16 except for fillers. Surprisingly, this time we didn't put anything between the two back seat passengers. I sat back there for 5 hours and was actually pretty comfortable.

Note, the two pizza boxes from Angelo's & Vincie's (Fullerton) shown in back never made it past Santa Barbara. We couldn't let the best pizza from California sit there too long. It would have been a sin. The ladys did fill the entire back once the pizza was gone.

Also, used the Infiniti Personal Assistant and Infiniti Connection several times. I still think these are great services when on long trips. Its nice to have someone find your destination, load the map and call ahead for reservations.

Note: Yes that's Little Round Top in the background of photo 2. Forgot to take a current photo, but shows the cargo box. I could actually use the next size larger. Can't keep the wife from acquiring goods on these road trips.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
On our 2,500 mile trip to California from Washington was uneventful mechanical wise. The car ran fantastic and was very comfortable. This is the third long road trip with 4 adults where we used the cargo box. No performance issues other than a slight decrease in mpg's in high wind areas.

Not the best pictures, but with 4 adults , we loaded the JX with 4 large rolling suitcases (3 laying down in back and 1 in the cargo box), 2 backpacks, Ice chest, Food bag, and a whole bunch of other crap that our wives picked up along the trip. By the time we started back from Disneyland and then SF, there wasn't a spot for anything else in the back or Yakima Rocket Box 16 except for fillers. Surprisingly, this time we didn't put anything between the two back seat passengers. I sat back there for 5 hours and was actually pretty comfortable.

Note, the two pizza boxes from Angelo's & Vincie's (Fullerton) shown in back never made it past Santa Barbara. We couldn't let the best pizza from California sit there too long. It would have been a sin. The ladys did fill the entire back once the pizza was gone.

Also, used the Infiniti Personal Assistant and Infiniti Connection several times. I still think these are great services when on long trips. Its nice to have someone find your destination, load the map and call ahead for reservations.

Note: Yes that's Little Round Top in the background of photo 2. Forgot to take a current photo, but shows the cargo box. I could actually use the next size larger. Can't keep the wife from acquiring goods on these road trips.
I still have yet to use my Infiniti Personal assistant. Ive been reading many good things with it though. How was gas mileage with all that cargo? Cargo box looks great.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Without wind and hills, and staying at 65 my milage was around 21.0. I find the winter fuel blends provide less fuel milage. In summer with the same load and conditions, I've had a high of 24.0. The worst milage was 17.9 on I-5 through the Grapevine. With high winds and hills, it was brutal but the car felt very secure going through the pass. I used the manual shift mode which to me does seem to make a difference, plus it saves your brakes on the downhill side.

I've used the Personal Assistant many times on long trips or when I need to change destinations or look up a business. Its very convenient and the best way to upload a new route since you really can't search past 5 previous destinations while driving. As of last year, Infiniti did not have an answer as to what will happen to this service once AT&T drops their 2G network at the end of the year. It would be a shame to loose it. Our 2014 Nissan Rogue uses a system similar to the ones installed on the newer Infiniti vehicles. They rely on cell phone and you can access Google maps while on the road. Much nicer system.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Without wind and hills, and staying at 65 my milage was around 21.0. I find the winter fuel blends provide less fuel milage. In summer with the same load and conditions, I've had a high of 24.0. The worst milage was 17.9 on I-5 through the Grapevine. With high winds and hills, it was brutal but the car felt very secure going through the pass. I used the manual shift mode which to me does seem to make a difference, plus it saves your brakes on the downhill side.
Im anxious to take the family on some road trips this summer. For the R&R and to test the QX out on long drives. So far, Ive only driven 800 miles on my QX. But already I feel a much more balance and secure ride than my 2009 MDX with high winds. Did you put it on cruise control at all? I've only tested the cruise for a few miles here and there. But I am really loving the intelligent cruise control system. Any experience or thoughts with that on long drives?

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use the intelligent cruise all the time. On occasion during severe weather conditions the control will kick off with a warning light coming on noting IBA Not available. You still will have blind side monitoring and lane departure features but cruise is off. You can switch to ma Hal cruise by holding down the cruise on/off button for several seconds which puts the cruise on standard mode. The IBA will re set itself after a few minutes. Basically the sensor behind the grill might be iced over or blocked by debris. This is a rare problem and should happen under normal conditions.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Thanks for the trip update.

In 2015 we took two road trips, Florida and Colorado. With the vehicle stuffed (Thule 1800 Atlantis on top - similar to Bobob) the safety and video systems active, both trips were completely uneventful. No breakdowns, strange noises, weird warning lights, nothing. This is primary reason I didn't buy one of the German/American/Swedish competitors.

At 63K miles I've been overall very happy with the vehicle.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
As a new owner is is great to hear some positive stories on the forum. We plan on a few road trips this year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts