Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am posting a similar post again as I am wondering if I put the first post under the wrong category.

I have a 2014 QX60. I have been watching my fuel economy closely as it is so poor. I have noticed that when I am stopped at a red light, the screen that shows how much fuel you are using spikes up as far as it will go. I would have thought it would be the opposite and show it using less fuel than its average 13.2, should it not?

I would appreciate any info you can offer!

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2 cents, I have bought this gas guzzler just a couple of months back (new 2018 QX60), and now have accepted the fact to just ignore fuel economy. I am still experimenting with gas type, driving modes etc., but this car is designed to drink gas. So just enjoy the ride and luxury. If you're environment conscious, think of reducing carbon footprint by some other ways, or by buying some carbon credits. :)

Jay

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 2 cents, I have bought this gas guzzler just a couple of months back (new 2018 QX60), and now have accepted the fact to just ignore fuel economy. I am still experimenting with gas type, driving modes etc., but this car is designed to drink gas. So just enjoy the ride and luxury. If you're environment conscious, think of reducing carbon footprint by some other ways, or by buying some carbon credits. :)

Jay
LOL, Thanks Jay. I am seriously considering selling it. That being said, have you noticed your screen doing the same when stopped?

It is similar to this photo-

·
Registered
74 Posts
The screen shows miles per gallon so when you are stopped you will be getting zero miles per gallon. That doesn’t mean you’re using more gas than when you’re driving 60 mph...it’s not a fuel usage gauge. We average about 21 mpg in mixed driving which is better than my 07 G35X. Overall for the size it’s pretty good and have gotten 27-28 on the highway.

·
Registered
475 Posts
The screen your are showing is not miles per gallon, it is Liters of fuel consumed per 100 KM traveled. Therefore a lower value of fuel consumed per 100 KM traveled corresponds to more efficiency. When you stop, the meter pegs because you are consuming fuel and not moving. The gauge is working correctly for Liters/100 KM, which is a metric system measure of efficiency.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2017 QX60 AWD 42K miles getting 13MPG combined in city driving. Same as other much bigger V8 Suburban/Escalade/Expedition/Yukon i was expecting at least 18MPG considering it is a V6 and not as big as a Suburban or Escalade. And that CVT transmission is supposed to make the car more fuel efficient. But in reality this CVT is a nightmare, i am taking it into dealer for stuttering and jerking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts