Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier this year, in May, I traded my wife's '10 Pathfinder SE for a '14 Infiniti QX60 with every available option package. She loves the vehicle and options, however, of the 163 days I've owned it, it has been at one of two dealerships 5 times for a collective 36 days...22% of the time! (as I write this, I am going on to day 6 of the current dealership experience) It has 42k miles on it and has bumper to bumper warranty through 60k, plus an Infiniti Elite Care warranty to 100k. I owe more than trade value as I've only had it for 5 months.

The issues have been related to the Lane Departure System and Front Collision System, a couple of rattles (easily addressed) and of course the well known continuous CVT issues. After the last visit, the CVT seems to be resolved...for now, although it would appear from the Infiniti forums that this will likely rear its ugly head again. With the safety systems, I've had to turn off the intervention feature, leaving on the warning systems on as they are so erratic, I don't trust the system not to pull the car into the ditch when its actually travelling straight down the road between the lines, or at times, I can drift across 2 or 3 lanes and it doesn't even recognize it.

(Remove the #'s to see the videos)

https:/#/youtu.be#/l7Vm1rjZwfA

https:/#/youtu.be/-ouzGVPg9zM

For this, they've replaced and aligned the camera several times and as of yesterday, they've come back advising that while they've made tweaks, both the dealership and now the Infiniti regional guy are scratching their heads. In short, we'll have to deal with the annoyance of the warning, leave the intervention turned off, or disable it all together...yes, disable the safety systems as they're too unsafe to use. I'm dating myself here, but I feel like there's a Gremlin in this thing.

So, all of this told, I asked the service consultant to have their sales guys take a look at taking it in on trade and leasing a brand new QX60 with Premium & Premium Plus. The sales guys are willing to buy out my current QX60 for what I owe (huge win). However, the same dealership also has a '14 MDX Tech on the lot with 22k miles and clean Carfax. I'm considering just getting away from the Nissan/Infiniti brand. The price is right and while I haven't asked, I feel I can get the sales guy to still get me out of the current QX60 for what I owe. Infiniti will also refund $2,000 of the $2,500 I paid for the Elite Care warranty extension.

My wife drove the MDX and liked the ride and feel, however, she is stuck on the "fancy" stuff the QX60 has that the MDX doesn't. I'm trying to rationalize reliability, the real transmission vs. CVT card, etc., etc.

Looking to this community for any other thoughts or angles on this. I know this has been long winded, but need advice.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Earlier this year, in May, I traded my wife's '10 Pathfinder SE for a '14 Infiniti QX60 with every available option package. She loves the vehicle and options, however, of the 163 days I've owned it, it has been at one of two dealerships 5 times for a collective 36 days...22% of the time! (as I write this, I am going on to day 6 of the current dealership experience) It has 42k miles on it and has bumper to bumper warranty through 60k, plus an Infiniti Elite Care warranty to 100k. I owe more than trade value as I've only had it for 5 months.

The issues have been related to the Lane Departure System and Front Collision System, a couple of rattles (easily addressed) and of course the well known continuous CVT issues. After the last visit, the CVT seems to be resolved...for now, although it would appear from the Infiniti forums that this will likely rear its ugly head again. With the safety systems, I've had to turn off the intervention feature, leaving on the warning systems on as they are so erratic, I don't trust the system not to pull the car into the ditch when its actually travelling straight down the road between the lines, or at times, I can drift across 2 or 3 lanes and it doesn't even recognize it.

(Remove the #'s to see the videos)

https:/#/youtu.be#/l7Vm1rjZwfA

https:/#/youtu.be/-ouzGVPg9zM

For this, they've replaced and aligned the camera several times and as of yesterday, they've come back advising that while they've made tweaks, both the dealership and now the Infiniti regional guy are scratching their heads. In short, we'll have to deal with the annoyance of the warning, leave the intervention turned off, or disable it all together...yes, disable the safety systems as they're too unsafe to use. I'm dating myself here, but I feel like there's a Gremlin in this thing.

So, all of this told, I asked the service consultant to have their sales guys take a look at taking it in on trade and leasing a brand new QX60 with Premium & Premium Plus. The sales guys are willing to buy out my current QX60 for what I owe (huge win). However, the same dealership also has a '14 MDX Tech on the lot with 22k miles and clean Carfax. I'm considering just getting away from the Nissan/Infiniti brand. The price is right and while I haven't asked, I feel I can get the sales guy to still get me out of the current QX60 for what I owe. Infiniti will also refund $2,000 of the $2,500 I paid for the Elite Care warranty extension.

My wife drove the MDX and liked the ride and feel, however, she is stuck on the "fancy" stuff the QX60 has that the MDX doesn't. I'm trying to rationalize reliability, the real transmission vs. CVT card, etc., etc.

Looking to this community for any other thoughts or angles on this. I know this has been long winded, but need advice.
Looks like computer or software issue, have they replaced any of those?

If you are not going to be using 3rd on regular basis then MDX may be a good contender. The drive is sporty compared, the SH-AWD system is one of the best (for those snowy conditions). You are right it is not as nicely packaged as your fully loaded QX60. The ride of QX is more premium and comfortable then MDX. There is no panoramic moon roof in MDX (not even in 2017 model! in any trim!). For me that is a big factor to get all the bells and whistles in the QX60 and 3rd row leg room.

·
Registered
663 Posts
The issues you're running into aren't normal as you can see from posts throughout this message board, however I definitely recommend doing something to get out of the horrible vehicle/lemon you're in now.

If you/wife like the dealership and they've tried to help then I recommend sticking with Infiniti. Finding a good dealership seems to be hit-and-miss these days and in general Infiniti/Acura are good vehicles. It would suck to jump into a problem-prone Acura and have a crappy Acura-dealer experience as well.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts