Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
jeez!!! $365 + tax (I assume) for rears pads only. That's Stealership for you!

It was including taxes... It was a matter of convenience for me as I didn't have time to do it before our trip. Pads were $90 and labor was $265. The rest was tax. For this price and it was "close enough", I'm glad to have it out of the way.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I paid a ridiculous amount for rear pads at 22,000 miles.

Also needed new tires and body work at the same time.

It was a $2400 service visit. Ugh.

I love this car, but it's the most expensive car I've ever owned, not the price, but the upkeep.

·
Registered
689 Posts

I love this car, but it's the most expensive car I've ever owned, not the price, but the upkeep.
New tires and bodywork? I'm at 50K miles and still on the original tires and pads. Either I drive like an old man or you drive like you stole it.

·
Registered
41 Posts

New tires and bodywork? I'm at 50K miles and still on the original tires and pads. Either I drive like an old man or you drive like you stole it.
Shopping cart took out rear passenger door. Needs to go back because it got damaged again while parked, this time the drivers door.

The tires could have gone longer, but it was going into winter and I didn't want to risk it. I figured I'd need one replacement over the life of the lease, might as well do it at the beginning of winter. Good thing, as we had a ton of snow this year.

·
Registered
8 Posts
34K miles - rear brakes and soon will need front brakes

34K mostly highway driving (so don't use the brakes much) and had to replace the rear brake pads (and they ground the rotors). Front brakes and tires will need to be done in a couple of months - seems ridiculous to me.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just had my rear brake pads replaced at 52,000 miles on my 2013 JX. 2 ml left, but I have a couple trips thru the mountains coming up and I did not want to risk damaging rotors.
50% left on front....weird.
Dealer wanted $300.00. I had my local trusted shop replace with ceramic pads for $230.00.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I'm about 55K and haven't' replaced tires, pads or rotors. The tires are getting low, and I'm assuming the pads are getting close as well. Hopefully I can get another 5K before replacing them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
QX60 Brake Pad Irregular Wear

I'm about 2 years old finding this forum with such treasure trove of information. I'm glad I found this forum, and had this much information been visible before I purchased my QX60 in December of 14, I would have gone with another Luxury brand. Long story Long I may have an answer to all of our irregular wear with our brake pads.

This past week our vehicle was serviced for maintenance and of course our pads were 2-3mm in thickness. I was dumbfounded not only by the price for these, but perplexed that the car would need that at such young mileage. After speaking to the Service Manager, I posed questions that he clearly had no answers to. I moved forward with the work, and requested the Pads be sent back with the vehicle. Oh boy was I happy I did!

Upon inspection, I found that the front brake pads have asymmetrical wear. (The pads are pitched on one side meaning one end of the pad is higher than the other) There are only 2 possible reasons behind this cause. 1.) The Break Caliper Piston is not extending properly but extending at an angle causing such pitch in the pad. 2.) The Break Caliper Pin is seizing prematurely. Usually you see these issues after years of wear and rust however not on a 2 year old vehicle. I will be contacting corporate to discuss actions moving forward and get this issue not only rectified for all vehicles moving forward, but mine corrected.

I hope this information finds you well for those that are thinking about purchasing such vehicles and or thinking about changing breaks prematurely without cause.

-All the best

·
Registered
225 Posts
My 41,xxx '14 qx60 was just serviced and was at 10mm front, 8mm rear (yes, that's what the report said!)

Just a data point on what could happen. Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very cool info, I am at 60k in my JX35 and am at the point of replacing the pads as well. I did not see it mentioned, but did you get the rotors machined or replaced? I have just slapped pads on other vehicles in the past but not sure on this vehicle.

·
Registered
42 Posts
harlenm, if you think this vehicle is expensive, try a Audi Q5 or Q7 or for that matter, a BMW X5 , then you will see expensive......

·
Registered
13 Posts
When it comes to brakes, this isn't an area to skimp on. Get good quality brakes. You need to be able to stop appropriately, especially with how big these vehicles are!

Some extra effort will help you beat the dealership prices.

Also, consider the Infiniti Maintenance Advantage line of brakes. See part numbers and MSRP for factory pads and rotors and then Maintenance Advantage pads and rotors as follows:

Factory:
D1060-3JA0A, front pad set, $103.33
40206-3JA0A, front rotor (2013 JX35, 2014-2016 QX60), $130.00 each
40206-3JA0C, front rotor (2017+ QX60), $130.00 each
D4M60-9N00A, rear pad set, $83.33
43206-CK000, rear rotor, $123.33 each
43206-3JA0A, rear rotor (shows only applicable to a very short production run of QX60's from 09/2014 to 12/2014), $113.40 each

Infiniti Maintenance Advantage:
DA06M-3JA0TNW, front pad set, $65.00
Front rotor not available yet in this line, but, can get from Nissan as Value Advantage, D0206-3JA0JNW
DD06M-8H38TNW, rear pad set, $65.00
D3206-CK00KNW, rear rotor, $83.33 each (shows it this will work in place of 43206-CK000 or 43206-3JA0A)

These are just MSRP's. Most of the time, these can be found discounted at 30%, sometimes more, online.

·
Registered
689 Posts
When it comes to brakes, this isn't an area to skimp on. Get good quality brakes. You need to be able to stop appropriately, especially with how big these vehicles are!

Some extra effort will help you beat the dealership prices.

Also, consider the Infiniti Maintenance Advantage line of brakes.
Is Infiniti Maintenance Advantage just another name for aftermarket?

·
Registered
85 Posts
21 - 35 of 35 Posts