Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2020 XX60 ProActiv about 9 months ago and am having a problem with the intelligent cruise control (ICC) and front collision prevention systems. When driving on a highway with the ICC engaged, and after not detecting a vehicle in front for 3 to 20 minutes (variable) an alert appears indicating the front radar is obstructed or unavailable, disabling both the ICC and front collision prevention systems. The error message will reset after 25 to 30 minutes (warning light and error message will turn off), after which I can restart cruise control and re-enable the ICC. This will occur repeatedly. The vehicle has been inspected by the dealer but they are firm that this is normal. I find this hard to believe as I have driven many other vehicles with ICC systems without this problem. Has anyone else experience d this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should add that the this happens when the weather is clear and the car/sensor is clean, so weather and road conditions are not a causal factor.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have a 2014 with the intelligent cruise control. That is absolutely not normal. The only time mine has reset is when i have been drive in extremely heavy rain. You may have a calibration issue, or perhaps it's a bad sensor. You may want to take it to a different or request a different service advisor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 2014 with the intelligent cruise control. That is absolutely not normal. The only time mine has reset is when i have been drive in extremely heavy rain. You may have a calibration issue, or perhaps I t’s a bad sense. You may want to take it to a different or request a different service advisor.
Thank you for your response. That's my opinion as well but so far I'm not making any progress with either the dealer or INFINITI Canada.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for your response. That's my opinion as well but so far I'm not making any progress with either the dealer or INFINITI Canada.
I have a 2014 with the intelligent cruise control. That is absolutely not normal. The only time mine has reset is when i have been drive in extremely heavy rain. You may have a calibration issue, or perhaps it's a bad sensor. You may want to take it to a different or request a different service advisor.
I totally agree with rooster. I've had my 2015 for 4 years and what you describe has occurred one time when it was extremely messy from ice. Once the road cleared up it went back to working normal on its own. Seems like a time to search for a new dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts