Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
On my 2015 QX 60, I have replaced the Parking lights and the foglights with LED. I will also connect 2 hella valuelight LEDs in the front that has a "low beam" and a "high beam". The way I am considering wiring the auxiliary light will allow the low beam (separate light in the bottom of the auxiliary light) and the high beam to be on at the same time. I am wiring the auxiliary light wires to splice into the high beam wire on the headlight assembly and the other will be wired from the auxiliary to the parking light wires. That way all lights on the auxiliary light will be on when the high beam is turned on.
but.... (there is always a but:) ) I also would like my fog lights to stay on while the high beam is on to improve the low/wide angle that the fog lights provide.
Is there an easy way to do so or should I connect the foglight wires to the parking lights as well? Will that perhaps overload that circuit? Lastly, I am replacing the HID with 12000 Lumens 6500K LED's. I really hope that it will improve compared to the HIDs.

I am grateful for any input,

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I will reply to my own question since I did find out by doing...NO, the BCM (Body Control Module) does not allow you to wire the fog lights to be on with the high beam. Either I did not get the high beam to work on my regular lights or the fog lights did turn off with the high beam.

I assume the only possible way would be if there is a way to use a scanner to gain access to the BCM and change the setting there,

I know Ford has a program called FORscan to access the modules and change programming but I don't know if there is a simular program for Nissan (Infinity).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts