Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced flapping noise on the driver side front door /wheel area while cruising over 65 mph? It sounds like a loose molding or engine panel. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes, the dealer replaced a plastic pin in the outside molding for me. It happened on both sides was a rattle but only rattled when wind would hit it a certain way. Stupid but annoying.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the dealer replaced a plastic pin in the outside molding for me. It happened on both sides was a rattle but only rattled when wind would hit it a certain way. Stupid but annoying.

Thanks for the reply. Dropping off my Qx60 itomorrow at the dealership for service.

·
Registered
663 Posts
This has bothered me for years. Can you tell me exactly where/what the dealer replaced?

Mine sounds like a high-speed vibration and happens during cross winds when I'm traveling +60 mph.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This has bothered me for years. Can you tell me exactly where/what the dealer replaced?
Mine sounds like a high-speed vibration and happens during cross winds when I'm traveling +60 mph.

The dealership replaced the rear intake guide and the noise is gone. I wasn't too confidant that they would be able to isolate the noise but thankfully they did. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm having a similar problem, only mine is on the passenger side. About 6 months ago it was a lose mud flap.
Recently, I'm hearing it again... but slightly different. mudflaps are not loose. I've been under the car, checked all the moldings... can't figure it out. Starts to make the noise above 45-50mph. It seems like it is the plastic molding on the low part of the door, but it's not so loose that it feels like it will come off. If I push on it, I can duplicate a similar sound, but again... does not have an obvious, smoking gun of what/where this noise is coming from....

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have had this issue on my 2014 QX60. In front of the rear tires, there is a small "mud flap" type piece of plastic. I had one of the fastening clips fall out, so at freeway speeds I would hear a rattling noise. I fastened myself with a nut and bolt rather than the plastic clips that are standard. I have had no problems since.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had the same issue(flapping noise from the rear passenger wheel well), dealer found the issue from where the sound is coming and fixed it. The dealer replaced the plastic pin attaching the mud flap and the body. This noise comes only at the freeway speeds.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you all! This will help isolate the same issue I have on my 2017... Mine is on the passenger side door, but ONLY happens at 70+ (and even then, it's only on occasion).
Brought to the dealer and they have no clue what the issue could be... They wanted me to "record" the sound so they have something to go by (and possibly send to Infiniti corporate engineers)... Also, they want to take a test drive (with me, since we'll be doing 70+ on the freeway) but there's no guaranty that we'll be able to duplicate the noise.
Will ask them to take a look a the moldings on my next visit.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
I had a rattle that I could not isolate. 2016 model. My dealership's technicians found two issues. One was a mud flap pin, and the other which was really annoying was that the screws securing the roof rails were loose. They torqued them down, did an extensive test drive and the problem has been resolved.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also had the same rattle...it was the little mud flap missing a plastic pin. Strange that so many QX60s seem to be missing the same pin. There looked to be an impression of where the old use to be, so I wonder if they all fall/break off after so long. Mine was missing the pin on BOTH sides. Took it to 85 behind the house....no more rattle!

$30k for a great car and that little rattle was driving me nuts!

We also bought and installed (took maybe 45 minutes for all) the mud splash guard accessories that go behind front and rear tires...makes the car look much more complete!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I also had the same rattle...it was the little mud flap missing a plastic pin. Strange that so many QX60s seem to be missing the same pin. There looked to be an impression of where the old use to be, so I wonder if they all fall/break off after so long. Mine was missing the pin on BOTH sides. Took it to 85 behind the house....no more rattle!

$30k for a great car and that little rattle was driving me nuts!

We also bought and installed (took maybe 45 minutes for all) the mud splash guard accessories that go behind front and rear tires...makes the car look much more complete!
I checked both mudflaps on my 2015, and both clips were gone. Luckily I have a stash of nylon pushpins etc. and found some that worked.

It appears that lnfiniti listened to these complaints because they made a change. There’s no more nylon clip holding it, it’s a nut now.

Reactions: gmuney1

·
Registered
1 Posts

The dealership replaced the rear intake guide and the noise is gone. I wasn't too confidant that they would be able to isolate the noise but thankfully they did. Good luck!
What is a rear intake guide? My 2017 QX60 makes sounds at higher speeds that sound like weatherstripping flapping against the car in the wind, but it sounds like it’s coming from between the front and rear passenger doors from the middle to lower sections.

·
Registered
104 Posts
What is a rear intake guide? My 2017 QX60 makes sounds at higher speeds that sound like weatherstripping flapping against the car in the wind, but it sounds like it’s coming from between the front and rear passenger doors from the middle to lower sections.
See the above posts, it's the small plastic "mud" flap just before the rear wheels. Most likely missing the clips as discussed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts