Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We planned a trip from Washington State to southern California this month and didn't feel confident that the factory Bridgestone tires at 45,000 miles had enough tread to handle wet and frosty roads.

After researching tires for the 2013 JX, I was leaning towards a set of Michelin tires. We've been getting tires from Discount Tires since 2003 and trust their products. The associate introduced me to the Falken Pro G4 A/S
(235/55-20) and highly recommend them to me. They've been selling a lot of them here in the Pacific Northwest and have had excellent reviews. The tires were $127 each compared to $250 for comparable tires. They also have a 65,000 mile warranty. I decided on purchasing a set.

We just returned from our trip and have to say that the tires made a huge noticeable difference in the ride. They are very smooth, quiet and I could feel the difference in the way the car handled. It held the road much more confidently than I expected. There wasn't an appreciable difference in fuel milage. With 4 adults and a fully loaded car with cargo box, we had 19.0 mpg in high wind winter weather conditions and 21.0 in good weather and an average of 65 mph.

I did have the wheels aligned also prior to the trip. The old tires were wearing significantly on the inside front. My Infiniti dealership advised me to have an alignment after 35,000 miles since they've seen a trend with this issue.

If you are searching for a set of tires, I'd recommend you research the Falken Pro G4 A/S. These tires should take me through the end of the extended car warranty.

·
Registered
17 Posts
We planned a trip from Washington State to southern California this month and didn't feel confident that the factory Bridgestone tires at 45,000 miles had enough tread to handle wet and frosty roads.

After researching tires for the 2013 JX, I was leaning towards a set of Michelin tires. We've been getting tires from Discount Tires since 2003 and trust their products. The associate introduced me to the Falken Pro G4 A/S
(235/55-20) and highly recommend them to me. They've been selling a lot of them here in the Pacific Northwest and have had excellent reviews. The tires were $127 each compared to $250 for comparable tires. They also have a 65,000 mile warranty. I decided on purchasing a set.

We just returned from our trip and have to say that the tires made a huge noticeable difference in the ride. They are very smooth, quiet and I could feel the difference in the way the car handled. It held the road much more confidently than I expected. There wasn't an appreciable difference in fuel milage. With 4 adults and a fully loaded car with cargo box, we had 19.0 mpg in high wind winter weather conditions and 21.0 in good weather and an average of 65 mph.

I did have the wheels aligned also prior to the trip. The old tires were wearing significantly on the inside front. My Infiniti dealership advised me to have an alignment after 35,000 miles since they've seen a trend with this issue.

If you are searching for a set of tires, I'd recommend you research the Falken Pro G4 A/S. These tires should take me through the end of the extended car warranty.

thanks for the review. Tires are such a looked over aspect of car maintenance and quality. Often times I see people just replace tires with cheap or "whatever" tires. But glad to hear you have a good experience with these. Especially considering the price difference. I usually go for Michelins because of my experience and satisfaction of how quiet, ride comfort, and handling. But ill have to take these into consideration. THanks again!

Reactions: gmuney1

·
Registered
663 Posts
Just replaced mine with the same Falken tires, also from Discount Tire. I originally wanted Michelin's because they've always been quiet and great quality (my M35 has Michelin), but at double the price I took a gamble with Falken. Glad I did because they ride and sound great.

A few months back I ran over a chunk of highway putting a bulge in both left front/rear and rear tires, else I would have kept my Bridgestone's a little longer (replaced at 63K). Overall I was disappointed in my Bridgestone's because they seemed to get louder as time went on. At 50K+ miles road noise was very noticeable. The Falcon's were immediately quieter, I just hope they don't get loud with age.

Thanks Bobob.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just replaced mine with the same Falken tires, also from Discount Tire. I originally wanted Michelin's because they've always been quiet and great quality (my M35 has Michelin), but at double the price I took a gamble with Falken. Glad I did because they ride and sound great.

A few months back I ran over a chunk of highway putting a bulge in both left front/rear and rear tires, else I would have kept my Bridgestone's a little longer (replaced at 63K). Overall I was disappointed in my Bridgestone's because they seemed to get louder as time went on. At 50K+ miles road noise was very noticeable. The Falcon's were immediately quieter, I just hope they don't get loud with age.

Thanks Bobob.
I know this is an old post but just wanted to share that we purchased the same Falken Pro G4 A/S tires from Discount Tire Direct based on the reviews here and they're awesome. We got them in 235-55-20 and they feel great and are super quiet. Got a wheel alignment right after install and the car feels brand new!

Thanks Bobob and Yeller for the recommendations!

·
Registered
663 Posts
I know this is an old post but just wanted to share that we purchased the same Falken Pro G4 A/S tires from Discount Tire Direct based on the reviews here and they're awesome. We got them in 235-55-20 and they feel great and are super quiet. Got a wheel alignment right after install and the car feels brand new!

Thanks Bobob and Yeller for the recommendations!
Glad to hear the replacement tires worked out.

For reference, My Falken's are at 111k with about 15k miles remaining before they need to be replaced. Since I bought them around 65k, I'll get around ~60K out of them. Not bad for cheap tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts