Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to taking some pictures of our black 2017 with Premium, Premium+, and DA package. All season floor mats. Rear carpeted mats. Cargo cover. Didn't take any interior as it's filled with my toddler's toys and crumbs.

Nicely washed and waxed. Meguiar's gold class.

Done a couple things to it since picking it up 3/31.

Tinted windows. Llumar CTX 30 in front and sunroof. Llumar airblue 80 on windshield and all rear windows.

Installed OEM running board.

And that's all I'll probably do. Contemplating replacing the xenon bulbs with something whiter.

Anyone know a good glass sealant/water repellant? And not rainx which is terrible in my experience.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
I can't see the pics, probably because of the account type I have? Anyways, wanted to ask about your experience and cost with installing the OEM running board. I think I'm going to need to install it on mine too. What can you share about it? For the HID bulbs, I just replaced them with the same bulbs I've put on our other cars - 8000K and yellow fogs (PIAA on this one, LEDs on my other cars). Looks nicer than the stock bulb. Today I should be receiving my white LEDs to replace the nasty and dim yellow bulbs for the interior, license plate, rear light, etc. I would recommend that for you too for a nice modern look. Beyond that, whatever's up to taste I guess. I'll set up a photoshoot of our cars soon and I'll post pics then.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya forgot to mention I changed all interior lights and license plate lights to LED. Nice and white and bright so I can actually see.

For your headlights what brand/model did you go with for the D2S bulbs?

The running boards I got from the dealer and installed them on my own. I think they are $650. Wanted $900 installed. Literally took me 20 minutes to install. Bolt the frame underneath with three bolts and three nuts on each side. Then bolt on the actual running board with another 6 on each side. I just parked the car to be straddling the curb and did it that way. It's easy to put the frame on too since there are bolts under there already you just hang it on and secure with the nuts. No need to hold it up until you get a bunch of things fastened.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Looks great! BTW are the running boards chrome like the accent piece or are they a brushed aluminum finish or the like? In other words do they match?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks great! BTW are the running boards chrome like the accent piece or are they a brushed aluminum finish or the like? In other words do they match?
They are chrome and match the accent trim on the bottom of the door. Looks great in person.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Your car looks good. I have the same exact model and colour. I do not have the running boards...not sure of it can be found in Canada.

I ordered a complete set for interior lighting and will be installing them this week.

I bought branded rubber interior mats for Infiniti and cargo cover.

I am still contemplating if I should get roof rails.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
Ya forgot to mention I changed all interior lights and license plate lights to LED. Nice and white and bright so I can actually see.

For your headlights what brand/model did you go with for the D2S bulbs?

The running boards I got from the dealer and installed them on my own. I think they are $650. Wanted $900 installed. Literally took me 20 minutes to install. Bolt the frame underneath with three bolts and three nuts on each side. Then bolt on the actual running board with another 6 on each side. I just parked the car to be straddling the curb and did it that way. It's easy to put the frame on too since there are bolts under there already you just hang it on and secure with the nuts. No need to hold it up until you get a bunch of things fastened.
I received my LEDs yesterday from SuperBrightLEDs and all nice and cool except the map lights, which they have wrong on their system and I did not realize before ordering (I trusted their car bulb finder thing). So I had to order the map lights separately now.

The HID bulbs are Kensun 8000K. Link here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EKN3G3G/
It's the same brand and color I am using on the Escape and on the Camry (with matching yellow fogs for all three cars too). They're cheap, price-wise, but have been excellent. Beautiful color, not a single problem, not a single flicker. And they get run a lot on the other cars. I kept my originals in the car in case these go bad, but I like the Kensun bulbs and so far, so good.

Turns out the pics were being blocked by my ad-blocker, along with a ton of site functionality. After disabling that, much better experience. Car looks nice. Thanks for the info on the running boards. Something we are considering. since my wife and mother in law might have trouble getting in and out.

To SF291991, I definitely wanted roof rails. I initially overlooked this one at the dealership for a base model because it had roof rails. The base model ridiculousness (no bluetooth streaming!?) eventually got me to look at this one. Ordered roof rails right away, should be arriving tomorrow or Tuesday. We need the third row seating, and with the third row up, there's almost no space for luggage in the back. So roof rails it is :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your car looks good. I have the same exact model and colour. I do not have the running boards...not sure of it can be found in Canada.

I ordered a complete set for interior lighting and will be installing them this week.

I bought branded rubber interior mats for Infiniti and cargo cover.

I am still contemplating if I should get roof rails.

I have the rubber mats from infinit and like them. They don't do full coverage like weather techs or others but it's enough for me as I don't expect gallons of mud or water.

I'm still contemplating roof bars also but thinking I'll get them when I actually need them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It is a fantastic car. I am a dedicated Infiniti driver for many reasons. If I had one ultimate request, I would wish for Infiniti to put the new Q50 cockpit in the QX60. Dual monitors and very little to no physical buttons.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts