Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new Infiniti 2017 QX60 - One month later I am getting FEB malfunction. Dealr is stumped and says they are sending a tech in.... others have had the same problem he says, but they still don't know what is causing it....:(:(:( anyone else having this issue...

·
Super Moderator
539 Posts
Does it happen in the same location every day? If so, probably something in/near the road with lots of metal in it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
does only happen in the morning after cold starts? I am wondering if it has anything to do with frosted windshield.

It has happened to me 3 times. 2 times it was early morning with nice film of ice coated on the windshield after the car warmed up the error went away itself. The first time it happened was due to unknown issues, I think either it was due to bright light blinding the camera or from speed trap of state trooper.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've had this happen 3 times so far on my new 2017. I called the dealer regarding it, and they said to call back in a couple weeks as they have received a numerous complaints regarding it I guess, and are in contacting Infiniti about it.

Happens very randomly, no similar conditions between the times it happened. Can be clear, great weather, just driving down the street and it happens. Doesn't go away until the car is restarted. Then it works fine again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Forward Emergency Braking

The FEB with pedestrian detection system can assist the driver when there is a risk of a forward collision with the vehicle ahead in the traveling lane or with a pedestrian.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Thank you.
It's not available w/ the 2013 JX35. Too bad, it's not software upgradeable even if the hardware is there. Granted, I'm not saying that the hardware has been the same from 2013 into 2017.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the exact same issue on my new QX60. The dealer said it was the sensor in the windshield that was giving off the alarm, but it appears to be working properly (???). They told me that if it happens again to bring it in to have the sensor replaced. Given others with the exact same problem, I don't feel so confident that their solution will fix the problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All,

Having the same problem on my new QX60 2017. The FEB malfunction happened about a month after first driving it. It still breaks at odd times driving and no one around. I was hoping to hear how they may have fixed your problem or if the FEB still malfunctions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have this exact same problem and have taken the car to the dealer twice and they have been unable to fix it. This happened today again and I have to go back to the dealer.....sadly this has been going on for 6 months in my 2017 QX60. And to add to it I foolishly purchased a second one just before we discovered these issues? Anyones dealer figure this issue out. Can we contact Infiniti directly to get help?

·
Registered
55 Posts
This started happening over the last few weeks to our 2017. Going to try to bring it to the dealer this week.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone,

I purchased a brand-new 2017 QX60 and am having the same issue with the FEB light. At random times "early on" the light would come on and flash for a few seconds. I brought this up with the dealer on several occasions and they changed out either the camera or radar sensor (not sure which one). It corrected the issue for about 6 months but the problem is back :( I've video taped it while it happens but the dealer won't do anything else because it doesn't produce an error code. I ended up getting frustrated with the dealer and called corporate. They told me to keep bringing it back to the dealer when the light comes on. I've been back 4 times with no luck. The dealer keeps telling me that they can't fix something that is not broken (UGH). It's getting worse! The FEB light now flashes for longer periods of time and at times it will stay illuminated solidly up to 5 minutes. I'm heading to the dealer once again to have this looked at.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Dealer replaced the ADAS control unit and 5 miles later the malfunction message appeared again. Guess it’s back to the dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dealer replaced Camera, Control Unit and 2 days later on both occasions FEB is flashing again. I have taken to the dealer 5 times and now have the same issue on my second 2017 QX60 that is brand new with only 6K miles. so two cars and same issue with the dealer unable to resolve the issue. Call Consumer Affairs and report the issue and ask for a Resolution. I will be doing that again.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I’ll have to check the work order on Monday (in a file in my office) but after replacing the control unit and camera I believe they had to calibrate the abs control module or do something with the abs sensors. It’s only been a week and a half but no issues so far...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow - 2 years still no resolution

Its amazing so many folks with the same problem, yet Infinity can't admit or figure out the problem...... My car is now 2 years old... same problem.. taken to dealer 3 times they say its nothing to worry about .... lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just curious...did issue return after the ABS calibration?

I’ll have to check the work order on Monday (in a file in my office) but after replacing the control unit and camera I believe they had to calibrate the abs control module or do something with the abs sensors. It’s only been a week and a half but no issues so far...

·
Registered
55 Posts
No issues the last month.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts