Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have a 2014 QX60 with factory rails and crossbars. Today I installed an Inno surf rack and noticed that the elliptical crossbars are not horizontal with the ground, instead they seem to be at a weird angle (see picture). I first thought that they may have been installed incorrectly, but the markings on the bars indicate that's not the case (FR in front, RR in rear, arrows pointing to the front of the car).

Is this how they are supposed to be or do I have a problem?

Thank you,
Jonathan

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response. I gave it a try: the front and back cannot be swapped, as they are different lengths.

The rear bar does not seem to fit properly when turned around.
The front bar seems to fit okay when turned around. However the bar is still not horizontal, rather tilted in the opposite way.

Do you have crossbars on your QX60? Do they look horizontal?

·
Registered
663 Posts
I strap a cargo box to the rails few times a year and I always wonder if the box will snap lose and fly away since it's angled upwards.

Let me know what you find out. What you've pointed out has bothered me since buying. FYI, mine was installed by the factory so I've never tried to swap them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My crossbars were also installed at the factory, but I was hoping they had made some sort of mistake. If yours are the same, it would seem that the crossbars are just designed to be slanted... I'll ask the dealer next time I bring the car in.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
They're all like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts