Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

New to the forum as we just purchased our new 2014 QX60 Hybrid! :)

With every car purchase, the extended warranty always comes up and I was wondering if any of you bought your extended warranty from a different dealership instead of buying it from the dealer you bought your car. If so, got any recommendations and how much you paid for it?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks dgandbver!
Fiance's picking it up today since the we got it right before closing. Will post up some pics later though! :)

Got the Black on Black color comobo - Graphite Leather / Kasane Washi Interior Trim. Could have gotten the maple trim but I personally did not like that.

What color combo did you get?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have mulled buying the extended warranty, however decided against it. Instead I put the amount the dealer wanted in a 60 month CD at the Bank for 2.15% and hopefully that should take care of the repairs.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
All dealers pay the same for extended/enhance warranties (unless they're selling something that isn't the Infiniti version). There isn't a lot of discount room available. That said, I've heard that a dealership in Arizona somewhere discounts them. Try searching some of the other Infiniti forums.

Reactions: gotcoffee82

·
Registered
1 Posts
Infiniti of Scottsdale quoted me a maintenance package 1K less than my local dealer. The extended warranty was about 1K less as well.

Make sure they quote you the new maintenance package that started with the 2014's with service every 5K and not the old 3 tier options.

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
We ended up buying our Infiniti extended warranty from Circle Infiniti of New Jersey since our dealership didn't offer an Infiniti warranty. They only sold The Mechanic warranties. No way Jose! We found Circle Infiniti via a member on the JX forum. Circle beat everyone's price by over a thousand dollars. The next closest was a dealership in Arizona as mentioned above.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Infiniti of Scottsdale quoted me a maintenance package 1K less than my local dealer. The extended warranty was about 1K less as well.

Make sure they quote you the new maintenance package that started with the 2014's with service every 5K and not the old 3 tier options.
How much?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi guys!

New to the forum as we just purchased our new 2014 QX60 Hybrid! :)

With every car purchase, the extended warranty always comes up and I was wondering if any of you bought your extended warranty from a different dealership instead of buying it from the dealer you bought your car. If so, got any recommendations and how much you paid for it?

Thanks in advance!
If you have GEICO insurance then they offer mechanical breakdown insurance for about $6 a month valid till 7 years 100k miles. You can get it up to 1 yr / 15k miles from purchase.

Works out to be much cheaper than the extended warranty.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I passed on the Extended Warranty. I felt that 60k/4 years was good enough. I'm surprised they didn't try to bargain.

But they did keep trying to get me to buy the Maintenance...they kept lowering the price...i kept saying no. At the end of the dealing...she gave me 4 free oil changes for $1.00 anyways. lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you have GEICO insurance then they offer mechanical breakdown insurance for about $6 a month valid till 7 years 100k miles. You can get it up to 1 yr / 15k miles from purchase.

Works out to be much cheaper than the extended warranty.

How did you get it at $6/month. It was closer to $200/year when I quote it online in my account.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I never go with the extended warranty on anything -- computers, cars, etc...

I just think that they are a cash grab most of the time. Made to make the car salesman more money.

I have never encountered a situation where something went wrong and I could have actually used the extended warranty.

·
Registered
47 Posts
We ended up buying our Infiniti extended warranty from Circle Infiniti of New Jersey since our dealership didn't offer an Infiniti warranty. They only sold The Mechanic warranties. No way Jose! We found Circle Infiniti via a member on the JX forum. Circle beat everyone's price by over a thousand dollars. The next closest was a dealership in Arizona as mentioned above.
This is where we bought our QX60 .. they have the best deal on all 7 dealership around my area.

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
My wife and I were very impressed by their professionalism and how willing they were to assist us. Its the way a luxury car dealership should run.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts