Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

After a long time of saving, we are finally able to afford our new QX60 2016. It is a Hermosa Blue exterior and white interior and chromatic trim. It have everything except the maximum technology package. I am still in the learning and exploring phase to figure out all the feature I have in the car. Happy to join a great community.

And actually, I already have a question. I think you guys all aware about the Distance Control Assistance (DCA) if you have it equipped. For a quick summary, it keep the car within safe distance with the car in the front in the slow traffic. Technically it will apply the brake for you when you approaching the car in front of you. By the manual, it will apply 40% of the brake power and will come to a still position if is slow enough. Put those aside, have you guys ever notice a weird buzzing noise when this feature activate?

To try to test this, turn off the radio and try to pay attention to the left side of the steering wheel. Then go ahead and turn on the DCA system (on the right of the steering wheel so that you see a car icon on the dashboard). Then drive so that you car closely approach the car moving in front of you. Be prepare to brake and be safe when doing this. When you try to accelerate and be closer to the moving car in front, another car icon will pop up on the dashboard and the car should slow down. During this time, if I already turn off the radio or even on low volume, I can hear some humming, buzzing noise coming from somewhere from the left of the steering wheel while the car is slowing down. It stop when the car stop or when I am in motion. It does not do that even if I break by myself. The sound is only there when the car's brake is applied by the system to slow the car down. Otherwise, the car is perfectly normal.

I try to be as much detail as possible, but remember to stay safe even if you try to reproduce it.
I hope I am not the only one who pay that much attention when driving.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have noticed the same kind of sound, I think. If it's the same thing I'm hearing, it's not really bothersome to me. I just assumed it was hydraulics or something controlling the brake and accelerator pedals. Then again, I'm only on my 4th day owning a QX60 myself.

I'd be interested to hear from others if this ISN'T normal behavior.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
The noise you are hearing is from the braking actuator that is applying the brakes when the DCA is active.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts