Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been adding a Raspberry Pi based media center to the QX60 - and I am using the Pi's composite output -> QX60 Front AUX inputs to feed video/audio to the rear monitors. All's good, but the audio seems to have hissing (and some pop/crackle), at excessive levels.

Has anyone been experiencing anything like this?

(The pi does just fine when connected to a TV via it's composite output so I think the Pi is not to blame here)

·
Registered
475 Posts
I have been adding a Raspberry Pi based media center to the QX60 - and I am using the Pi's composite output -> QX60 Front AUX inputs to feed video/audio to the rear monitors. All's good, but the audio seems to have hissing (and some pop/crackle), at excessive levels.

Has anyone been experiencing anything like this?

(The pi does just fine when connected to a TV via it's composite output so I think the Pi is not to blame here)
No, not on mine, but I've never plugged a Raspberry Pi into it. Is the hissing present if you plug another device into the QX60 RCA jacks, like a portable DVD player? Is the hissing just on the headphones or the vehicle speakers? If it's the headphones, are you in the back seat? The headphone don't work in the front seats, and will start hissing as you near the front seats and lose the signal. Is the hissing present using the rear RCA input jacks? Is the PI shielded? Could the Pi be picking up EMI interference from the wireless headphone signal?

If it's just the RCA jacks, there's probably a loose connection or grounding issue. Have the dealer find and fix it under warranty.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The problem sounds like a ground loop. Google RCA ground loop isolator and use one. Problem will almost certainly go away.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks folks. I added the disable_audio_dither=1 in /boot/config.txt and the problem seems to be resolved mostly. :)
I also boosted audio levels via KODI audio options.

I can still hear a little bit of hiss, but that's to be somewhat expected for an analog connection (and owing to my OCD :D).

Will look into the other suggestions in the future.

·
Registered
663 Posts
How are you controlling the Kodi/Pi, WiFi remote?

I've thought about doing the same thing, but felt like there were gaps with all the little parts. I'm curious to hear about your solution and how it's working.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How are you controlling the Kodi/Pi, WiFi remote?

I've thought about doing the same thing, but felt like there were gaps with all the little parts. I'm curious to hear about your solution and how it's working.
I am using the Windows media center remote and a IR dongle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts