Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I received a quote of $1400 for 30k service for 2014 QX60 AWD. From the owner's manual the list of services for 30k does not seem a lot. This quote I received is from a local Infiniti dealer in Richmond, Virginia area. I trust this dealer, but they have a change in management and staff recently. Wanted to check with other QX60 owners on this.

I owned Acura MDX prior to QX60 and vaguely remember 30k and 60k services being a bit expensive.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Find another Infiniti dealer to service your vehicle. Unless they are doing other work, that is about 4 times too high.

This is what my local dealer charges for a 30K Service.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Premium service

Thank you SJ for the information; I was able to find similar quotes in the 300s range online from another dealer in the Northern VA region. When I called and spoke with the service department in couple of other dealers in Norther VA region, I was given quotes in 800s range.

Up until this 30k service, cost for all previous maintenance has been pretty low in <100s range. There has been a recent change in the management and all service teams at this dealership. When I brought up this price difference with their service team they mentioned that they include premium maintenance items in addition to standard maintenance items. They also agreed to do price match as long as I can show them something in writing from another Infiniti dealer. Let's see how that goes. Unfortunately there is no other Infiniti dealer with in the 100 mile radius but I would rather go visit a "trusted" service department than overpaying Infiniti dealer.

Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts and price information for 30k service.

·
Registered
663 Posts
There is no actual 30K service (according to the maintenance manual), other than checking on a bunch of fluid levels (see sj08054's image).

Dealerships typically have their own maintenance program "specific to area", at least that's what they tell me. I live in Texas so according to the dealership everything I do is considered "severe". Not true according to the people that actually designed the car.

Here is your 30K list:
Have them check the coolant, replace if bad
Have them check the brake fluid, replace if bad
Have them check the CVT fluid, replace if bad (although 30K is extremely too few miles, so this would be questionable)
Have them check drive belts, replace if bad (again, 30K is very extreme so I'd question the dealership if they said the belts need to be changed.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thank you SJ for the information; I was able to find similar quotes in the 300s range online from another dealer in the Northern VA region. When I called and spoke with the service department in couple of other dealers in Norther VA region, I was given quotes in 800s range.

Up until this 30k service, cost for all previous maintenance has been pretty low in <100s range. There has been a recent change in the management and all service teams at this dealership. When I brought up this price difference with their service team they mentioned that they include premium maintenance items in addition to standard maintenance items. They also agreed to do price match as long as I can show them something in writing from another Infiniti dealer. Let's see how that goes. Unfortunately there is no other Infiniti dealer with in the 100 mile radius but I would rather go visit a "trusted" service department than overpaying Infiniti dealer.

Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts and price information for 30k service.

Glad to hear that and if you feel the need to have them check those things in the 30K image I showed, just pay that price. I have no idea what their premium maintenance would include. Maybe front and rear brakes. I was quoted a little over $600 for front and rear brakes at 25K miles.

I also have a 2014 and the standard oil service is what I have them do. 1st one was free. Paid for 2nd and they sent me a coupon to buy two oil change for $40. Paid for the last two but due in again next week for another oil change at 30K. I am going to see what they say as I've already changed the brakes myself from the last time it was in. Maybe they will give me a quote for tires.

Did you QX get affect by the passenger air bag light? They finally got the parts at my local dealer so they are supposed to take care of that as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts