Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning I new here, My name is Diego and I am about to buy a 2018 QX60 in Mexico, but I found that the specs on the model selling me here in MX is different than the one in USA, and specifically I found that in MX I hace 265HP and 245 torque and in USA the engine is 295HP and 270 torque. The question is, is it posible that the configure different for different countries or they are selling us the old engines and configurations down here?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I'm guessing it's related to Octane ratings since they vary by country. What is the octane rating at your local pump?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Automakers do this a lot. Even in the US, the Pathfinder (the Nissan version of the QX60) doesn't get the 295HP engine variant. This despite the cars being built side-by-side in the same facility.

I'm going to suggest Nissan/Infiniti doesn't want to release Direct Injection engines to Mexico. It could be the gas as yeller mentioned. GDI engines produce more power but there can be a concern about carbon buildup over time and if Mexican gas doesn't have sufficient detergents or provide the same octane ratings then that buildup might be more of a problem.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I'm pretty sure you're looking at a spec sheet for the old QX60. From 2017 on, the hp rating changed when they changed the fuel injection system to DIG. The same engine, with same fuel economy, now gets 30 more hp. Are you sure you aren't looking at, or being told specs from the older version of the car?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts