Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently purchased an 2014 Infiniti qx60. I want to know if these cars in general have a slight ticking noise from the engine when idling or do i have another issue such as timing chain. Car is at 130,000 kms. Im attaching a video of the idle noise

that is the noise in the cabin

That is the how the engine sounds

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hard to tell from the video, and I have the Hybrid which has a different engine. It is normal to hear the fuel injectors, but things should be quite from the interior. I recommend you take it to an Infiniti dealer and have them check it. They should be able to diagnose any issues like timing chains, tensioners, serpentine belts, etc. fairly quickly. You can choose whether or not you want them to do the work and get an estimate.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have a 2015 that I bought w/ CPO coverage, etc... had a very embarrassing and loud ticking noise pop up about five months after I bought it. Was most noticeable sitting at redlights or other times when not moving forward. Turned out to be the housing shroud for the engine fan had warped just a little bit, causing the fan blades to constantly hit it. The tech at the dealership heard it and IMMEDIATELY knew what it was. Replaced for free under CPO, was no issue. Apparently that was not uncommon to happen, tech said they had just done one earlier that week :/ knock on wood, zero issues since that was replaced. Though I just listened to the clips you posted, which was sort of hard to decipher. Maybe lifter springs need replaced? I don't know, I'd take it in and have them diagnose for you at the dealership either way, let us know what it ended up being!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts