Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I know that shuddering engine is a common problem in almost all QX60s and the problem seems to be with the transmission. So, I took my 2015 qx60 with 20k miles to the dealership a couple of times and finally they agreed to order a new transmission to replace the faulty one (under warranty). But at the same time they conducted some engine tests and noticed that nozzles are clogged (probably due to low quality petrol). So they cleaned out the nozzles and readapted them for $100 and told me that they would call when the new transmission arrives. However, after cleaning the nozzles, the shudder has simply disappeared. I don't feel any shudder anymore. Should I call the dealership and cancel the order of new transmission or do you recommend to go on and replace it with a new one?

Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What type of shudder did you experience? How did it feel, sound, etc.? Were you just taking off or at a certain speed? I'm trying to get an idea of what others seem to be experiencing as I've had a few issues when trying to accelerate on a hill.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have a 2015 qx60- Has the shuttering issue and moisture issues with the headlight - been told by the dealer these are both common problems. Headlight fix will be $1500-$2000. Shutter issue am told means we need a new transmission...$4000-$5000. Quite frustrated and feeling taken advantage of. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
416 Posts
How many miles are on it? Infiniti has a 6 yr/70,000 mi powertrain warranty. A 2015 should be less than 6 years old, if it has less than 70,000 miles make Infiniti fix it an give you a loaner car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Most shudder issues at low speeds and when turning are the AWD differential coupling. The part is around 1200 but there were several on eBay for 334. Brand new oem. Infiniti has a bulletin about the differential coupling and I also thought it was transmission issue but it only does it at slow speeds and when turning it feels like an old school four wheel drive jerking and sliding front tires. Just go to google and type in Infiniti differential coupling bulletin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts