Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, any recommendation for a quality engine air filter? Also, are they all this difficult to install? I have a 2017 and the last 2 air filters I got it wouldnt fit perfectly and I had to use a lot of force to close the lid. Did I get a wrong filter or even the AEM filter has this issue?

·
Registered
641 Posts
I've also found they're tight. Try a Nissan filter to see if it fits better. For reference, I also use Fram, replaced every other oil change.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sounds like the same Nissan engineer did both the Maxima and QX60 cabin filter designs.
Ironically, I know from working most of my career in Automotive manufacturing, the HVAC system is a purchased system from a Tier 1 supplier, there would be relatively little involvement by Nissan Engineers in the design because OEM's subbed out all that stuff years ago. OEM's are mostly doing the body and engines, assembly & paint. Some OEM's still do transmissions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, any recommendation for a quality engine air filter? Also, are they all this difficult to install? I have a 2017 and the last 2 air filters I got it wouldnt fit perfectly and I had to use a lot of force to close the lid. Did I get a wrong filter or even the AEM filter has this issue?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I like to use the K&N filters, you don't have to replace as often and are reusable. They all seem to have a tight fit, even in my G37.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Avoid K&N air filters, the hype is BS. They pass too much debris, they also tend to foul up MAF sensors with their oil, there is proof on BITOG forum. Stick with a quality OEM / WIX / Denso / Fram / AC Delco / Hastings air filter and change every 30k miles, or more often if you routinely drive dusty roads.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts