Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to enable the safety features (all the driver assistance) by default? Everytime I have to press the button below the Cruise ON/OFF switch to enable it and most of the time I forget it.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
If you are referencing the large button that turns on the forward collision warning, lane departure warning and intervention, the answer is no unless I'm missing something. I have gotten in the habit of hitting the button as soon as I start the car. I do wish Infiniti would allow it since most of us use it all the time.

·
Registered
204 Posts
That is odd, I didn't know that you have to manually enable it. It should be the other way around like traction control, if you don't want it then turn it off.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I like it this way. I never use those features in town as I find them annoying in slow/congested traffic. I only use it on the highway. But that's me...

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
No way I know of to make them come on by default.

·
Registered
42 Posts
That's Curious to me. I THINK (To be confirmed by referencing the Car's manual), the Safety features are enabled by default. I have had cars make left hand turns in front of me - not really that close - and heard the Alert beeps and in one instance, felt the Accelerator pedal Push Up [that's by design]. I did need to engage on the Driver Assistance menus - Lane Departure Warning feature on the trip home the other day. Every slight movement from the center toward either side lane marker without signaling, emits a beep. The Cruise Control auto distance feature is engaged automatically Unless you Hold the buttom for a second or two, then the cruise is in non-auto distance mode.

I guess we are heading Toward cars that Drive Themselves !!!!. I'm not sure I like the LDW feature. My sales person at the dealership said you will probably disengage that especially in snowy road conditions. The tech package includes the all view around camera which emits Beeps when you are close to objects. it Beeps sometimes when going through Toll gates. I think that is what they are referring to in snowy conditions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I believe that the active features must be enabled manually but the passive features (i.e., warnings as opposed to automatic braking) may be default. I am in the habit of turning them on manually, so not certain. My guess is that this is a safety element recommended by Infiniti lawyers to reduce the likelihood of lawsuit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My sales person at the dealership said you will probably disengage that especially in snowy road conditions. The tech package includes the all view around camera which emits Beeps when you are close to objects. it Beeps sometimes when going through Toll gates. I think that is what they are referring to in snowy conditions.

I believe that these all disengage if you put the vehicle into snow mode on the round selector button.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts