Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a setting to automatically fold in or out (say when the car starts) the two side mirrors?

From what I can tell, it's all driver input.

Rich

·
Registered
313 Posts
There isn't. You have to manually pull the in and turn them out.

Mine has a button you press left and right. Pushing it one way makes them fold in automatically via a motor and pushing the other way makes them fold out automatically via a motor, no manual folding them. I thought all models had this irregardless of options(?)

Problem is you have to manually push the button each time, and that is if you remember to actually do it. I had hoped, like the OP wants, infiniti would have made an auto setting in the same button where they fold in when you turn the car off and fold out once you start again.

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
I think Infiniti should have built that into the vehicle since many other luxury cars have it. Low cost item. Just like the new Nissan Rogue. They added the nice turn signal lights to the mirrors but you still have to manually push them to tuck them when parking in tight spaces. Penny wise, pound foolish IMO.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just ordered a set of side mirror covers with led turn signal lights. Can't wait to get it, Ill post pics when I do the mod. The auto power folding mirror is another thing I'm looking into. Anybody try to do that yet or know of a plug and play kit for the QX60?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Seems like something that Infiniti should have done with heir cars already. It wouldn't be hard to do. It also isn't a huge deal though. It is the small stuff that makes a luxury car better than a mainstream car.

·
Registered
313 Posts
This continues to remain something that irks me about this vehicle. No reason there shouldn't have been a mode where when you lock the car via the remote or the button in the door handles it folds em' in and when you unlock it they fold back out.

Seriously Infiniti, motorizing these mirrors and not having an auto mode was l.a.m.e.

Reactions: RelaxingDrive

·
Registered
30 Posts
This continues to remain something that irks me about this vehicle. No reason there shouldn't have been a mode where when you lock the car via the remote or the button in the door handles it folds em' in and when you unlock it they fold back out.

Seriously Infiniti, motorizing these mirrors and not having an auto mode was l.a.m.e.
Agree. one other thing is annoying me so much is the side view mirrors did not have auto tinting like the rear view mirror

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi All
Is there any auto tinting side view mirror available ?
please help?
I drove the truck from Toronto Canada to Orlando Florida.
everything is perfect except for the side view mirror at night time
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought a 2019 QX60, coming from a Lexus RX 350. While I love the car, there are things I miss from the Lexus, and the folding mirrors upon lock are near the top of the list. It does feel inexcusable at this price point.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I fold mine then once I've turned off the engine I click the button back to the unfold position. When I start the engine, they unfold...still manual but I don't pull out forgetting to unfold them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts