Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

What gain in gas mileage would I gain from driving on Eco vs. standard?

Thanks

·
Registered
225 Posts
For me, approximately zero.

Now, it helps one keep from accelerating too fast more than anything, I think. So if you are mostly city driving, it might help. I don't think it does anything much more than that. Even in eco, I get about 21 mpg, overall... Same as when I don't use it.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Agree with bsnguy, I only use Eco with cruise control. Smooths out accellerations.

I ran a few tests when I first got the vehicle. 2 weeks in Eco. Sport and standard. After six weeks of driving the same distance, all three modes produced the same MPG's.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
I agree with Yeller. The only time I use it is in bumper to bumper traffic because it helps me hit the gas too hard. I'll have to try it with the cruise on to see the difference.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I find that driving with a hypermiling mindset helps, like trying to cruise slowly than constantly stopping and going.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm going to change the engine oil to 0W20 Amsoil synthetic, and CV trans fluid to Amsoil synthetic also and K&N air filter to see if my mileage improves. I used to own a Chevrolet Tahoe that I did that to and it did get better than avg. I'm just surprised that the Hybrid model doesn't get the avg.mpg that's advertised.

·
Registered
15 Posts
In flat as a pancake Louisiana we're averaging over 23 mpg using mostly the sport mode. Never will win a drag race but well satisfied with the mpg's! :D

·
Registered
225 Posts
You got it! But the difference from sticker is more like 5-6 mpg. I don't mind the actual performance for a vehicle this large, but the notion you can get 26 mpg is a bit ridiculous under typical circumstances.

·
Registered
51 Posts
EPA testing must've been done on a downhill slope. :-/

·
Registered
42 Posts
With only 1200 miles on the clock so far (car is about 4 weeks old) my 2016 QX60 AWD, is averaging about 20.5 to 21 MPG. I'm not Punching it either, 70% highway[NY traffic conditions] , 30% suburban driving. There are reviews from many sources - Edmunds, Car & Driver, etc., that say the same thing: They are NOT achieving the EPA rated mileage. You have to keep in mind, that all cars rarely achieve the ratings. From what I recall the testing is done in a interior environment (no wind or weather affects), steady 50-55 mph speeds on level platform. Not sure about Climate controls on or off. The only car that I had that actually Hit and bettered the EPA rating was the 2013 M37X that I just traded at end of lease. I was getting 23.5 to 24.5 on the highway, with no traffic conditions at 65 or better speeds. I was quite surprised. And only slight variance with Winter gas Blends.

·
Registered
663 Posts
It's my understanding manufacturers don't actually do any testing, it's a computer-generated figure that's supposed to mimic the actual tests. Only the EPA actually runs this test when validating vehicles.

Also, I think the test states no AC.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts