Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to know what is thought of this $695 Exterior/Interior service, as I was told by Infiniti that I had to get this service within the first two weeks of purchase.
We travel between NJ and Florida west coast twice a year, with a CAT, and were told that any interior damage from pet would be covered. Also given the long trip, it would seem that travel related chips from rocks would "not" be covered.
Any comments appreciated.

:confused::confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Did you get a wheat interior? If so, get it. If not, up to you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No wheat, black. Will think it over. Actually more concerned about flying insects, rock chips. May look into deflector for front.

·
Registered
678 Posts
If it gives you piece of mind, get it.

Personally, I think it's a waste of money. You can easily get floor-mats or Weathertech to protect against pet issues, and sometimes these companies make you jump through hoops to get covered (although i'm not familiar with the Dupont service). I'm also the type of person that doesn't buy extended warranties.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
If you're concerned about rock chips on the front, look into putting clear bra on the car. Of course, if it is a lease, you probably won't have it long enough to worry.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice. I will not purchase the DuPont service, and will buy the clear bra for the car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I checked with local Infiniti dealer and they could not find the part number for the QX60. Anyone know the the part number?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm not sure what, exactly, you are referring to. Such protection packages are usually sold by the dealer, not Infiniti, and can vary based on who the dealers use for such things. Think of them a insurance policies. A bit of a coating of some sort, and then insurance against any damage.

If you buy one after the sale, there will, typically, be an inspection to check for any pre-existing issues that will be excluded from the contract.

If the plan covers small dings and refinishing of wheels for curb rash, these can be a good deal (not a great deal) if you like to keep things looking good. Most will not cover paint damaged by rock chips, however, in my experience.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry, I was talking about the " clear bra" recommended in the posts above, not the DuPont package .

·
Registered
225 Posts
Doh... Makes sense... I hate those bras, personally. I think the Infiniti paint is some of the toughest I've had on a car in years. My Lexus cars have all chipped just looking at them and gm was not much better. Toyota (which is Lexus, I know) was the worst. I have filed a couple very small chips on my hood in 22k miles and they were higher than a bra would cover. I have silver and it's really easy to touch up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts