Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Forum, new buyer here. I cannot locate the car I want and my dealer seems reluctant to order from the factory. It seems Infiniti corporate will not interact with customers directly.

I want the QX60, with Premium, Premium+, Technology, Deluxe Touring packages.

I desperately do NOT want the Theater package. It will never be used by my family so it will just be an eye sore for us. I'd almost pay $1700 extra to not have it.

Any advice for me?

Much appreciated.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I don't understand why you can't just order the QX60 that you would like with the packages that you would like from a dealership. You don't think that anyone would want to watch a movie in the back seat sometime. Maybe if you go on a roadtrip or longer drive somewhere. I'm just thinking that it may be a lot easier to just buy a fully loaded QX60 off the lot than to order a brand new one and have to wait for it to be delivered.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I completely agree with Stepup though. It's his/her car, s/he should be able to customize it the way s/he wants.

It can be configured that way on the web, he should be able to order it.

My advice is that if your dealer doesn't want to order it for you, then call another dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fyi - my kids use iPads - much better than a smaller screen in a head rest. We don't buy DVDs.

Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
169 Posts
I actually prefer not to have ipads in use for the kids in the car. That extra small item is quite dangerous when you get into an accident. The DVD option is quite usable, one kid can watch a dvd, one watches a usb flash or something and it still lessens the ADD issue.

But that is all personal choice just like how you want your car to be.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Don't know what location you are at, but go to a different dealer.
That's horrible service - I'd walk right out.
When I bought mine, the sales consultant offered to order from factory a model tailored to my requirements - long wait, but worth it.
There's a dealer here which frequents these boards - Sinecure - he's seems quite honest and straight up.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Don't know what location you are at, but go to a different dealer.
That's horrible service - I'd walk right out.
When I bought mine, the sales consultant offered to order from factory a model tailored to my requirements - long wait, but worth it.
There's a dealer here which frequents these boards - Sinecure - he's seems quite honest and straight up.
I can also vouch for Sinecure although I haven't bought a QX60 through him.

At the end of the day these dealers want and need your business, if they don't do what they're supposed to do, just go to another one.
Hopefully there's another dealer not too far away.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
I wish that there were more sales people like Sinecure. He knows the vehicle inside-out. When I purchased the JX, I knew a heck of a lot more about the car than the salesman and he's been with them for years. My late second cousin sold high end cars in SF during the depression and became a millionaire. The reason he was successful is because he knew his cars, and networked. He had customers as far away as New York order cars from him. I think a great personality, knowledge of product and a no-BS approach to car sales is the secret of success.

What I appreciated the most about the purchase of our JX was how the sales manager knew exactly what we wanted and what he had on order. He spent half a day searching for the car we wanted. He found it back east and had it shipped at the dealers expense. The same thing happened when we purchased our Rogue. We will be going back to our favorite salesman when we replace that vehicle too.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
The car you're asking for CAN be built. I've ordered cars for customers, although I usually try to sell them an in-stock car, or one I can do a dealer trade for - if at all possible.

Is your dealer completely unwilling to order your car, or are they just really reluctant?

I can relate to your desires. If I were buying this car right now, I'd configure it with Premium and Drivers Assistance packages and that's it. You can buy a couple of iPads and a lot of iTunes movies for $1700. Plus, who is going to have DVDs in a couple more years? - Yes, I know you can input whatever source you want to the screens - not my point.

If you order a car, it will take 90-120 days to arrive. Are you OK with this? Also, we don't know what, if any, incentives will be available at the time it arrives. Best you can do price-wise, is to negotiate an invoice plus price with the dealer and pay that when the car arrives. Also, expect to put down a non-refundable deposit (different dealers handle it differently, but I'm not going to buy a $50K custom car for you unless you have some skin in the game).

And finally, there have been times when Infiniti forced us to take Theater packages on Deluxe Tech cars. Whether we ordered cars with, or without, they still got added. If I custom ordered your car, I'd make sure this didn't happen, but it could cause delays. It's the same thing with stuff like splash guards and illuminated kick plates - we don't always have control over every detail and accessory.

If you're in Norcal, feel free to contact me. If not, you might want find another dealership if yours continues to be stubborn.

Reactions: dgandbver

·
Registered
89 Posts
I don't understand why the dealer won't order you the car you want. Does it cost them extra money or something? Is it just because they are lazy? It just seems to me that the customer is always right. Can't you just say that you've made your decision and you want them to order it? Are they refusing?

Lots of questions there I guess. I am just surprised by the situation really. Maybe they have been having a few QX60s on the lot that they can't get rid of.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I don't understand why the dealer won't order you the car you want. Does it cost them extra money or something? Is it just because they are lazy? It just seems to me that the customer is always right. Can't you just say that you've made your decision and you want them to order it? Are they refusing?

Lots of questions there I guess. I am just surprised by the situation really. Maybe they have been having a few QX60s on the lot that they can't get rid of.
its like sinecure said, its easier to deal with QX60s already here. The factory is on the other side of the world practically!

plus its possible said salesman has been burned in the past by someone who had one custom ordered and then bounced. Thats the real problem when you order one configured differently, afterwards because it lacks the common features they become difficult to sell.

·
Registered
199 Posts
It is not very common to find one at a dealership that is fully loaded without a tech package. The Sales Consultant wants to sell you a car that is available on the lot so that he or she can get credit for it this month. My advice (as an Infiniti Sales Consultant) would be to go to another dealership. There are many Infiniti dealerships, mine included, that would be more than happy to order you the car that you want. It will take up to 90 days to receive it, which is also another reason they may not want to deal with it. There should be no reason that they won't allow you to order the exact car that you want. Buying a car is a very big purchase and should be considered as such.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
From my dealer:

Ordering cycle is the first week of each month. The ordering process will not let him add the technology package without the theater package. He's going to speak to his district manager about it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
"At this point they are still not allowing us to order vehicles equipped the way you want with out the theater package. They are either requiring theater or they are forcing it into the build after the fact."

1 - 15 of 15 Posts