Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing mud splattered on the rear quarter panels I am considering a DIY splash guard install.

Do you like the looks of the splash guards or prefer the QX without them?

Looks like a simple installation - anyone do this themselves?:)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Most if not all QX60s sold in this area, the NY metro/Tri-state area, come with mud flaps already installed at the port so I can't say I've even seen one without them around here. They also throw on the crossbars for the roof. I hate when they throw stuff in like that and expect one to pay for it since it had it when it hits the dealership. It's all a way of inflating the window sticker.

Anyways, that being said, I don't think dark colored QX60's look bad with splash guards. But, my neighbor who has a black QX60 took it to the dealer for transmission trouble last year and they gave him a white QX60 that had splash guards and with them being white (as they are body colored) they just didn't look 'right' on the vehicle. At least, IMO.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I love my splash guards. They fill out the wheel well, and make non-splash guard QX's look like somethings missing (aka more basic).

·
Registered
313 Posts
I love my splash guards. They fill out the wheel well, and make non-splash guard QX's look like somethings missing (aka more basic).

What color do you own?

·
Registered
475 Posts
I have a white QX60 and added the white splash guards after I purchased. I had the dealer install them ($160 labor). I love the look and the protection they afford.

See, it's beautiful. Personally, I don't like the splash guard look on a black QX60, gets lost with the tires. :) Just kidding, my commuter is a black Honda with black splash guards.

If you like the look, add them -- your car, your rules.

·
Registered
313 Posts

Ain't that the truth! It's like people who ask on online forums what color interior should I get, or what color exterior... Hearing different opinions are always nice but in the end, only the person dropping the cash knows what they themselves would really prefer.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a white QX60 and added the white splash guards after I purchased. I had the dealer install them ($160 labor). I love the look and the protection they afford.

See, it's beautiful. Personally, I don't like the splash guard look on a black QX60, gets lost with the tires. :) Just kidding, my commuter is a black Honda with black splash guards.

Maybe it is because my other car is white but white sure looks good on the QX. My wife said no to white this time, no to the wheat interior. She doesn't push back often but when she does it is yes ma'am. ?

I think the guards add to the side and rear profile. The install looks straight forward except that before the tape is revealed alignment is key to get them flush against the body panels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts