Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Searched the forums and can't find answer. Please help direct me!

Q: I'm at Mercedes Dealership that is selling an Infiniti CPO QX60. They were adamant that the Infiniti CPO warranty would not be valid because I was purchasing from another dealer (used).

I called an Infiniti dealer and the finance mgr (it is Sunday and service is closed) said the warranty would absolutely work as it follows the car not who owns it.

A quick check of the web states 2 different things from:

1) http://cpo.infinitiusa.com/explore-benefits?tool=cpo.top_nav.section.link
The Infiniti CPO website specifically states, " Transferability: enables benefits to be transferred to a new owner should you decide to part with your Certified Pre-Owned INFINITI."

BUT

2) The actually Infiniti CPO booklet states, " Your Certified Limited Warranty is transferable to one subsequent private owner (private party to private party) for the duration of the warranty. "

I currently own a different used Infiniti that I purchased CPO used from an Audi dealership 4 yrs ago and my current Infiniti dealer worked on it as if it had the warranty??

Any one have real world experience?? Otherwise I will leave and go to my Infiniti dealer tomorrow and ask my service advisor.

Many thanks!
Cbad Al

·
Registered
505 Posts
Keep in mind that not all certified used cars are manufacturer-sponsored. Some dealers have their own certified programs with similar benefits. However, they don’t come with a manufacturer-backed warranty. Additionally, since the dealer is free to set its own parameters for certification, vehicle qualifications and the inspection process may not be consistent with manufacturer standards.

If you're buy a QX60 from a Mercedes dealer, the CPO being offered is not a manufacturer's (.i.e., Infiniti) CPO, it is a dealer certified program.

The link below highlights the Infiniti CPO program.
Infiniti CPO Program

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply and I am sorry for the confusion!
I should have stated it is an original Infiniti CPO that was given to the vehicle by Infiniti. It states as such on the CarFax.

I am waiting for the Infiniti dealership to open this morning to get an answer. I will post their answer accordingly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got off the phone with the Mission Viejo Infiniti dealer here in S.CA. The service dept looked up the VIN (they need just the last 8 of the VIN,fyi) and said yes the CPO warranty will survive. However, he said he could not confirm the warranty transfer process. He forwarded me to the finance dept. Unfortunately, the finance guy I got was new and said he would check and call back...
will update when I have confirmation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FINAL ANSWER: NO....maybe

Called 3 Infiniti dealers. All three said "technically" the warranty can ONLY be transferred by either the owner when warrantied (original or CPO) or if a Infiniti dealer that sells the used CPO.

One said if I was an existing customer, she would just keep it through the old owners name just add me. Another said to contact the owner and have them call to transfer it. I guess he was implying have the selling dealer contact who sold it to them and ask if they wanted to do that. The last service mgr told me he had their contact info but said I should also ask the dealer selling the car.

Sooooo, yes the Infiniti CPO survives no matter where you buy it as long as you can contact the previous owner (or have a friend that is an Infiniti service mgr.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts