Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know i'm pretty **** picky and annoying, but I noticed these inconsistencies and it really irks me.

For one, this car does not have a model that excludes a sunroof, so why is that how it's depicted on the dash display? Second, don't most manufacturers advertise with the fully loaded version of their vehicles, showing additional options and what not? I know for a fact that's what Infiniti is doing with the QX80 TV ads now, showing the Limited edition. Anyways, that's my rant. I wonder if anyone else is bothered. I also wish I could modify the images so they reflect how my car actually looks. I wonder if the firmware can be hacked :D

*don't quite have a drone view of my car ... hmmm.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Really? I mean that software is written by another co.pany who sells that system to Nissan and many other manufacturers. Pretty sure it's easier to keep the image generic than try to keep up with your specific model and options from a manufacturer standpoint

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Seriously, this is like a nonsense thread. I would agree that the first image in front of the steering wheel probably should have a sunroof if they all come with sunroof but really who cares?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Well, it was partly a nonsense fun thread when I made it.

But I am also right. Despite what you might think, those images didn't end up there organically. Someone had to design them and select them for each use. That someone was not consistent in which image to use. Also, Infiniti cares enough to allow you to select the color of your car for that image on the dash. Allowing the sunroof on or off would not be difficult. It might stem from my 12 years of programming and software design where I always opt for allowing the user to customize the software to their liking. If doing that is too much for a car, I guess I can live with that. But there really is no excuse for why the images used by the same car are not consistent with each other.

Does it matter? Not really. Not anymore than it matters to you how LDP works on this car vs. on your prior car (i.e. matters to you, not to me), or any other myriad things people like and dislike about their cars. I would like consistency.

Really? I mean that software is written by another co.pany who sells that system to Nissan and many other manufacturers. Pretty sure it's easier to keep the image generic than try to keep up with your specific model and options from a manufacturer standpoint
Fair enough. Then why didn't they use the same image throughout the car? Not to mention, the "generic" QX60 has a sunroof.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You realize Infiniti didn't design that software right? It's developed by another company which also provides the same system to other car manufacturers.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That has no bearing on what I'm saying. Either Infiniti or the company developing the software had to pick and choose images to use in the system. They picked inconsistently. Who did it doesn't really matter here, does it? I'm sure Infiniti had at least an opportunity to review and approve what was used - and they approved this.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Who knows, maybe they did a poll and found more did not care so the extra development wasn't worth the cost. Maybe you should create a poll here to see how many care?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You don't need to get so defensive. After all, it's a nonsense thread to kill the time as this forum is not nearly as active as I'd like. I know I'm not going to change anything by discussing it but I want to discuss it.

Why do you assume there would be extra development costs to use the same image on both the birds eye view camera and the dashboard display? You're assuming that with no basis.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I can't even figure out what the image in the drivers information screen is even for. Does that car with no sunroof serve any purpose? I'd much rather the car show me the speed in there.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now you're getting somewhere. It's useless. And that's the more informative version of it. There's one panel that is just the car. Nothing else. Then this panel shows you which assists are enabled. I would much rather have a digital speedometer there, as we have in my wife's Escape. But Infiniti thought we needed to look at the car going down a dark road with no other information instead :-D

Reactions: jonesy84

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would like to see which door is open or what tire has low pressure. on that screen and don't care much about the look.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
168 Posts
to answer your question in the title: no, the inconsistencies do not bother me. However, I did notice them while I was clicking around different menus trying to get every setting established to my liking. I found it weird that one had sunroof, the other did not. But I didn't really spend more than ten seconds contemplating it.

However, I have enjoyed reading the banter on this thread so probably mission accomplished for you ultimately LOL

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Talk about a blast from the past.

And I'm glad I was able to provide you with some entertainment. I'm still convinced I was right about my gripes with the car. But i still have it, so I guess it didn't bother me that much to change cars.

Reactions: jonesy84

·
Registered
89 Posts
Priceless...I'm the same way LOL. Its the little stuff thats irritating or annoying most often LOL. Must be my self diagnosed ADD...I mean ADHD...I mean...nevermind.

·
Registered
7 Posts
to answer your question in the title: no, the inconsistencies do not bother me. However, I did notice them while I was clicking around different menus trying to get every setting established to my liking. I found it weird that one had sunroof, the other did not. But I didn't really spend more than ten seconds contemplating it.

However, I have enjoyed reading the banter on this thread so probably mission accomplished for you ultimately LOL
almost exactly a year to date!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts