Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've posted that we bought a new, now 2 week old, 2014 QX60. Love it. When we picked it up it had some chips in the paint, pointed those out and they said no problem, bring it back in and we'll take care of those "it'll be good as new."

So my wife took it in this past Tuesday, and when she picked it up, all they did was use touch up paint, it looks like my son did it and of course as you all know, that never looks like new, it's touch up paint.

Am I crazy for expecting my brand new car to have no chips in it and look brand spanking new? Dealer thinks we're being unreasonable and pushing back. Of course it's irritates me because the only way to fix this would be for them to repaint the door and the trunk where the chips are, and will that bring all sorts of new issues with? Will it even match?

Needless to say I'm really upset by it and would love any input, suggestions, comments etc ...

Thanks

·
Registered
689 Posts
So I've posted that we bought a new, now 2 week old, 2014 QX60. Love it. When we picked it up it had some chips in the paint, pointed those out and they said no problem, bring it back in and we'll take care of those "it'll be good as new."

So my wife took it in this past Tuesday, and when she picked it up, all they did was use touch up paint, it looks like my son did it and of course as you all know, that never looks like new, it's touch up paint.

Am I crazy for expecting my brand new car to have no chips in it and look brand spanking new? Dealer thinks we're being unreasonable and pushing back. Of course it's irritates me because the only way to fix this would be for them to repaint the door and the trunk where the chips are, and will that bring all sorts of new issues with? Will it even match?

Needless to say I'm really upset by it and would love any input, suggestions, comments etc ...

Thanks
I agree, sounds like the dealership is trying to cheap-out and save money by not properly fixing it. Log a complaint with Infiniti Consumer Affairs then take it back to the dealership and tell the Service Director you expect the front "to be as good as new", as expected. Make sure you call Consumer Affairs first.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I had a small chip on mine when I picked it up, also. It was in a seam between the rear bumper and body. They used touch up paint on that and I could not tell at all. But a) if I could, I would have expected more to be done and b) of it was not in an already hard to see spot, I would not have let then try touch up paint in the first place.

Yes, you should expect a "new" finish on your new car. Seems like incompetence by the dealer who tried to pull this off.

·
Registered
199 Posts

Thanks
They should be fixing this for you, no exceptions. When someone buys a new vehicle, it is supposed to be in new condition. I would either complain to consumer affairs as said before, or just go back in and say that you will. Try and talk to the manager because they should be fixing this for you. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Since they're "small" chips, touch up paint should be fine. Unfortunately they did a sub par with the touch up. You don't want a local paint shop sanding/repainting a whole panel... I'd rather keep the original factory paint/clear coat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.