Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought 2017 QX60 a week ago, and I am enjoying it.

I have a question on Destination charge. This is what VIN sticker on the car shows and it matches with Infinitiusa.com.

BASE PRICE AWD: 44,900
white color: 500
premium: 1800
premium plus: 2900
driver assistance: 1850
destination: 995
--------------------------
TOTAL: $52,945 (this includes dest charge of $995 as itemized above)

I have discounts thru my employer, so they applied discounts.. added dealer process fee , taxes and tags.. so far good, but they added destination charge of $995 again..

wondering why they charged destination charge twice.. I asked the sales manager, he said it was isolated, but my numbers show that it was added twice.. reported this to Infiniti consumer affairs, and they said they can't do anything but speak with dealer whose explanation isn't matching with numbers..

Appreciate your suggestions. not sure what to do if Infiniti consumer affairs don't help.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Dealers have thousands of way to get extra penny out of customer's pocket, hence I never negotiate on per item basis. I ask for OTD price before tax. I could be wrong but I think Destination Charge is something that is not negotiable, with that said, if the dealer try to add this to the final agreed price I would back out.

I recently purchased my vehicle using VPP program as well, my dealer was very upfront with the price and didn't charge Destination separately, if he had to pay Infiniti Destination charges then he included it in the total price he gave me. The only separate line items on the invoice were documentation fee and DMV charges, which he had discussed so I was expecting them. In fact I got an $80 check back after they filed the registration.

Your salesman might have itemized the receipt more than mine. To give you some perspective, I paid $4000 below invoice using VPP, if you got a better deal then a separate line item stating Destination charge still means you got a better deal. They shouldn't be charging it twice though, is it listed twice?

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Infiniti charges the dealer the fee. If you find out we can negotiate that with them, I'd love to hear about it. I'm more curious about the "dealer process fee". If that was less than $100 then it is probably just a DMV processing fee - if more than that, I'm curious.

But either way, if you go online to a forum and ask if the dealer "ripped you off" (I know, not your words), the answer will always be "you got hosed."

As for double charging, that's different. If they truly did that, I'd be curious,.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is evident from the numbers on buyer's copy that they charged $995 additionally on top of what is included on VIN sticker. If I don't add the itemized $995 to my calculations, then final number doesn't tie out. This is what it look like:

This is what VIN sticker shows:
BASE PRICE AWD: 44,900
white color: 500
premium: 1800
premium plus: 2900
driver assistance: 1850
destination: 995
TOTAL: $52,945 (this includes dest charge of $995 as itemized above)
This is what buyers copy shows:
cash price for car including freight, gas and any additional markups: 52,945
discounts: xxxx
destination charge: $995
DVD package: 1299
TAX: xxxx
processing fee: 595
tags: 213:
-----------------------------
TOTAL CASH DELIVERED PRICE: XXXXX

if I don't add the $995 itemized in above table, they NET calculated $$ comes out to 995 less than TOTAL PRICE shown at the bottom. You can see that there is another $995 already included as part of 52,495 in first table from VIN sticker.. Isn't this equivalent to charging $995 twice? I can even reveal all the numbers masked with xxxx..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Appreciate if anyone can advise on how can I get this double charge issue resolved? Apparently dealer isn't responding to my emails, though I was told that sales manager would be calling me last Friday (haven't received any call yet), so I am going to try calling them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
On the day I was suppose to pay for and pick-up my 2017 QX60, Dealer was running through the numbers over the phone and told me of additional charges that totaled $1,000 over what I was expecting. It was the DMV fee (Fine), VIN Etching (Not Sure what that is, but seems like I should have it) and then a $600 Dealer Conveyance Fee (Destination Fee). When I told the guy to keep the car, GM knocked another $300 off the total price to compensate for a reduction of the dealer fee, but he couldn't call it that as, in his words, "nobody touches the dealer fee". funny enoguh, I just looked at the paperwork and in bold letters it says the Dealer Conveyance fee is not paid to the sate and is negotiable. Guess the GM doesn't know his own paperwork and knows it's BS since he very quickly knocked it in half in essence.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Appreciate if anyone can advise on how can I get this double charge issue resolved? Apparently dealer isn't responding to my emails, though I was told that sales manager would be calling me last Friday (haven't received any call yet), so I am going to try calling them.
In my opinion, once the papers are signed and car is delivered it is quite impossible to get any money back from the dealer. Have they provided any reason or answer? May be try to negotiate some perks, like free maintenance, discounted extended warranty etc.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
OK, usually I side with the dealer on these things because I've met way too many stupid customers. But in your case, its sounding like you were double charged. If that's the case, and the dealership can't/won't explain in a reasonable fashion what the problem is, I think I'd take the following two steps:

Email or leave a voice mail for the owner of the dealership or the GM. Let them know you're upset and give him a chance to explain / make it right. Failing that, I'll bet there's an attorney in your town who specialized in suing car dealerships. Get in touch with them. They'll get you your money back.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I can't believe I just recommended calling an atty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts