Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to find any QX60 new or used vehicles that include the Deluxe Technology Package without the Theatre Package. Are these two packages always sold together?

·
Registered
66 Posts
You might be right. They're theater package without the Deluxe but not the other way around. How much $$ difference you're seeing? If not that much, I say pony up for it. You'll be surprise how often you'll use it....or not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I say keep looking. In my recent search around Washington DC area, I've found a couple with the deluxe technology package but without the rear theater. I've still decided to go for the car that has both because the price difference was negligible. My kids have used it on our first road trip more than I expected, so no regrets there.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Have you asked your dealership if they can find one the way you want it? Our dealership is always willing to find what you want or have it ordered the way you want it.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Used ones - yep. Almost every QX60/JX35 model year '15 or older came with theater if it had deluxe. We managed to get a few built w/out theater, but it was not easy.

New ones however, there are plenty around if you have a smart dealer. We try to order most vehicles w/out theater. A few people want it, but I think it is a waste of $1700. You can buy two ipads, lots of downloads and a couple clamps to mount them to the seats for less $$.

I did see that the '17 model will have HDMI inputs and presumably high-def screens with theater. That will catch them up to tech from a few years ago. Still a waste of $$ IMO.

If you're in NorCal, I'd be happy to sell you one. We have most colors in stock equipped like that (MSRP around $57K).

·
Registered
204 Posts
........ A few people want it, but I think it is a waste of $1700. You can buy two ipads, lots of downloads and a couple clamps to mount them to the seats for less $$.

I did see that the '17 model will have HDMI inputs and presumably high-def screens with theater. That will catch them up to tech from a few years ago. Still a waste of $$ IMO.
I totally agree, and not to mention the iPads won't be limited to just playing videos, with apps and utilities at disposal they offer much more bang for the buck than typical theater system. With Premium plus package the sound can be sent through speaker system via bluetooth which is a huge plus. The down side is that iPads will be portable to your vacation spot, which could be a good thing or bad depending on your preferences.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know this thread is a little dated, but I can attest that 2016 models of the QX60 are difficult to find with DTP w/o Theatre Package. I know because I just bought one. On the day of my negotiation, I was told there were only FOUR in the country at that time, and only 3 of those 4 in the color I wanted. I had to pay for the delivery, but they did a dealer trade, and I had my car about 5 days later.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Congratulations! Are you located in north east? The dealer close to me has at 3-4 of such configuration. But I agree it is rare. I wonder how much you had to pay for the rarity and does it worth paying extra for theater package and pick from dealers inventory instead?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I had the same perform with my 2014. I made it clear what I wanted and was but in a rush. Two days later what I wanted showed up at my dealer. I once had a Lexus dealer pull the "there are only one or two like you want elsewhere. You will have to pay for shipping" gag on me. I walked out. Found what I wanted at another dealer ten miles away.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The power of the Internet! Now you can search dealer inventory right from the comfort of your home and spot B.S.;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congratulations! Are you located in north east? The dealer close to me has at 3-4 of such configuration. But I agree it is rare. I wonder how much you had to pay for the rarity and does it worth paying extra for theater package and pick from dealers inventory instead?
No, but they mentioned Northeast locations as having the car I wanted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. I purchased a 2016 QX60 from Infinity Massapequa in NY. I have the Deluxe Technology Package without the Theater Package. So I know they are out there. If you need I still have the window sticker to post.

I was really looking for a well equipped White/Wheat with the Wood Grain appointment and in the last moments one of the other sales guys told him they have one just unloaded. I was happy with this because I park in suspect areas for work and did not want to advertise any more than I need to.

Otherwise I am enjoying the car a lot with the exception of the gas mileage. I am new to this forum so I will look for a post regarding that situation.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi. I purchased a 2016 QX60 from Infinity Massapequa in NY. I have the Deluxe Technology Package without the Theater Package. So I know they are out there. If you need I still have the window sticker to post.

I was really looking for a well equipped White/Wheat with the Wood Grain appointment and in the last moments one of the other sales guys told him they have one just unloaded. I was happy with this because I park in suspect areas for work and did not want to advertise any more than I need to.

Otherwise I am enjoying the car a lot with the exception of the gas mileage. I am new to this forum so I will look for a post regarding that situation.
Have you tried the Eco mode to see if you get better MPG? Also, are you mostly driving on local roads or highway? How was your experience dealing with Infiniti of Massapequa? I am on North Shore of LI, but awaiting 2017 to see if 295HP makes a huge difference in driving, the wait is killing me….:(

·
Registered
39 Posts
When I purchased my 2015, I specifically wanted everything but the theater package. Dealer had to do a swap with another dealer after searching inventory. I had to wait an extra few days but definitely didn't want to pay for the theater package as I have zero use for them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts