Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had dealer replace driver side sun visor in 2014 QX60. The visor was making this loud popping sound every time it was flipped up/down and the visor was loose in that it would not stay in place when it was flipped up or in down position.
Service advisor informed me this was a common issue with cam device in the visor and they just replaced with a new visor.
Now I wish I would have the passenger side visor replaced as well, but that one is still working fine.
Little disappointed in the quality of the product, given it's only been 3 years.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I had my driver-visor replaced under warranty after about 2 years and now it's happening again (out of warranty). Infiniti seems to know it's common, but won't redesign it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I know there's a thread in here that someone posted regarding the part # to have it replaced OOP. I can't find it at the moment but hopefully I can so that I can replace this clunky thing in my $53k mini-SUV. :mad:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I know there's a thread in here that someone posted regarding the part # to have it replaced OOP. I can't find it at the moment but hopefully I can so that I can replace this clunky thing in my $53k mini-SUV. :mad:

96401-9PB0A-126843 ITEM 5 - JX35 Sunvisor - LEFT
1 $99.71 $99.71

Subtotal: $99.71
Tax: $0.00
Shipping Cost: $12.77
Grand Total: $112.48

http://www.InfinitiPartsUSA.com/

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm new to the forum. After finding out that a replacement visor was $220 CAD plus tax, I looked for a fix and I found one! Simply place an extra large paper clip over the broken cam lock area and the sun visor should hold up. See picture attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is excellent! I was just about to break down and spend the $140. But now I will try this! Does it go up and down as normal?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Takes 10 minutes, but you need to be very carful pulling out 1st cover plate or you'll break a side tab. Just go slow and you'll be fine.

1. Pull tab off
  2. Unscrew and replace.

Super Simple.
Hi, I’m new to this forum. I just attempted to change my driver side visor. After I was all done, I realized the replacement was defective. I reinstalled the original visor, which had a broken mirror flap and now none of the roof lights work. Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas on a fix?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue with mine. Cheap plastic that cracked inside. Premium 2014 qx60 has a different part no. 96401-9pb0c.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts