Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 x60 that I only take to dealership for service. When I bought the car, I had to pay approx. $300 for the lug nut tool so the rims don't get scratched. (they said all Infiniti owners have to buy them)

At my last oil change/tire rotation/inspection they scratched every lug well on every tire. Not just a simple scratch but it looks like inside a nut and is ribbed lining. I noticed this approx. a week later while washing my car. I took pics.

Today, when I went in for a new battery (car wouldn't start) I also asked for an oil change/tire rotation, etc.... and showed the Asst. Mngr the rims scratched on every lug well. I also mentioned that I had pics time/dated if he needed to see them and that I didn't want to complain but would like it if he could just fix it. I explained how I bought the lug nut tool that I always keep in glove box if they needed to use it. He said he'd talk to mngr.

After service, he explained that they would order me some paint and paint the scratches. I explained they are grooved in the metal and asked if maybe they could sand them or something. He explained that ALL infiniti cars do this it is wear and tear from rotating the tires all of the time.

So in the showroom, I asked, so every car in this showroom priced over $50,000 will have scratched rims after 2 1/2 years? He said yes.

Am I being unreasonable? Is it really true?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Never heard of this or experienced this with the two QX60 I've owned. Haven't really looked but also haven't noticed on the many loaners I've had.

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I have the same issue, lug nut wells are gouged/dinged/scratched. It started very early on (within a month of ownership) at the dealership but of course they denied everything. Shortly after I bought the Discount Tire balance package and they promised to add a note to my file to use a rubber/plastic socket. Flash forward 5-years, every nut well is gouged. Nobody looks at the notes and I can't micromanage everyone that touches the tires.

I'm not sure what causes this, and can only guess the paint/metal round the well is soft or too tight. The guys in the tire-bay are paid to be quick.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I'm calling BS on this one. I've never had a client complain about that. Then again, we use a special socket with a plastic or teflon sheath on it.

Out of focus pic, but you get the idea:

Edit for clarity: I'm calling BS on the dealership, not on the original poster.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts