Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We purchased a 2014 Infiniti QX60 in February of last year from a used car dealership. In October of last year, we identified what seemed to be a roof leak soaking through to the driver's side column/pillar (support span on the side of the windshield). The leak became obvious, soaking and staining the column fabric. We brought the car to a local Infiniti dealership in October and they thought they fixed it, but the leak never actually stopped.

Unfortunately, the regular bumper-to-bumper 4-year warranty expired in November of last year. Also in November, I notified the dealership that the leak was not fixed, but we didn't bring the car in until the next oil change, which was in February of this year (poor choice in retrospect, but we had no idea how this issue would snowball).

Now the dealership has the car and has been working on fixing the leak for two weeks, but they can't. They are telling us the leak is coming from an area in the roof that is completely inaccessible. In addition, they are saying that since the warranty is now over, they won't do anything else and we're just stuck with a leaky car. This is despite the fact that we originally identified the leak last October when the warranty was still active, and work was done at that time.

We are the second owners of the car, and no other repair work has been identified that would void the warranty. What can we do? Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Call Infiniti consumer affairs. I suspect you'll get a resolution you can live with. Explain the timeline and that you brought car to dealer while still in warranty - they tried but failed to fix.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure your problem is clogged drain hoses for the sunroof, but I'm just armchair quarterbacking, so I could very well be wrong. Either way, dealer is going to have to remove the headliner, which is a PITA.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have the 2013 JX-35, and it, too, has a leak that apparently has 8 gallons of water between the underneath frame and the passenger side carpeting. SaUV is at dealer now with an estimate of $650.00 to repair. A class action law suit is warranted in my opinion, since there are so many other owners with the same problem. Our drains should not have clogged because we always garage park our SUV and it only has 50,000 miles on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts