Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 2015 QX60 and am curious if anyone else has noticed the brightness control for the dash lights is "odd"?

My brightness control adjusts fine until the final click when the dash lights get extremely bright. They step just fine until that last bar when they double in brightness.

Defect or "feature" ?

·
Registered
685 Posts
That's normal, my last vehicle (Jeep) did the same thing. Seems like this is useful for some situations that I can't figure out.

Even more ironic, I think this feature is used in daytime when it's super bright outside, maybe the desert?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a new 2015 QX60 and am curious if anyone else has noticed the brightness control for the dash lights is "odd"?

My brightness control adjusts fine until the final click when the dash lights get extremely bright. They step just fine until that last bar when they double in brightness.

Defect or "feature" ?

Feature. Mine is the same way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have found that, for me, this becomes a bit of a feature.
I use the highest setting for both for daylight driving. However it is too bright for the night time.
So I toggle it down 1 time and it is a good setting for night.
In the morning, I toggle it up 1 time for the daytime.
I only wish this could be automatic.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Our 15 does it too. My wife drives it 99% of the time. It's got the tech package and touring package, but she won't even take the time to learn how too use the cruise control. But she does have the heated seats and wheel nailed down. As such, I leave the dash illumination on a compromised medium setting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts