Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
In June 2020 test drove a used 2018 QX60 that had this problem, the car was pretty messy inside and the Infiniti dealer had to jump start it before I could test drive. I was turning left from a busy road to a side road, the car sat there without moving for a frightening 1-2 seconds before it decided to move, I nearly got hit by oncoming traffic. The remainder of the test drive was uneventful but no way was I going any further in that one.

My 19 QX60 has never ever shown this issue.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yup i got that in todays mail as well. My 17 QX60 FWD has this annoying hesitation when going from reverse to forward and if you get in the gas too soon in that transition I get a lurch. I also get a bit of judder when I accelerate from a stop and then the transmission kind of fake-shifts to a second gear like ratio. Happens in Sport or Normal mode. Nothing else happened and besides those two quirks this transmission has been a pleasure to drive, smooth like butter.

Oh well, good to know the transmission warranty will give give 9 yr/94,000 miles.. I still have under 40k miles so I’m gonna ride this out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I recently received that notice as well. The CVT in our '18 FWD has been flawless to date. So far the CVT in this vehicle is the only thing that gives me pause as far as longevity goes. Seems to be kind of hit and miss. I've got a close eye on it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a ‘15. Received this as well about a week ago and I actually thought about lemon law it last summer but just got too busy, now I have time and might be worth it as I have a major track record of this issue on records since 50k miles, even though they replaced transmission once already but it came back and now with holding the gear feeling when slowing down which creates a dangerous situation as car pushes forward.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Why are the 2013/2014 s not included. Thought the problem was more pronounced in those years? Needles to say I have a 2014 , with 147K miles the tranny was replaced along with the transfer case at about 100K miles under the CPO wrap extended warranty , best purchase I ever made saved me about $15,000 in repairs over the 5 years I have owned it. In my opinion pretty reliable unit, I have put about 132K miles on it.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Why are the 2013/2014 s not included. Thought the problem was more pronounced in those years? Needles to say I have a 2014 , with 147K miles the tranny was replaced along with the transfer case at about 100K miles under the CPO wrap extended warranty , best purchase I ever made saved me about $15,000 in repairs over the 5 years I have owned it. In my opinion pretty reliable unit, I have put about 132K miles on it.
About a year after introduction the QX60 tranny was updated with their latest/greatest version. Mine was made in summer 2012 and includes the older version tranny, fortunately I haven’t had any problems. I remember back in 2013 QX60’s just started showing up with the new version tranny, not aligned with a specific model year. In fact, I remember being upset because I wanted the newer version tranny assuming it would be better quality/more efficient. I think the new tranny gave the QX60 a higher MPG than mine (JX35 version).

If it moves forward, I’m sure the lawsuit will clarify the specific tranny that’s caused so many issues. At this point it’s easier to just throw out a model year rather than ask people to crawl under their SUV and identify a specific tranny-model number.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think my tranny is going just start doing this only when it really cold when I come to a stop I can feel the tranny have the feel like when the engine turn off but it coming from the tranny call the dealer they told me they can look at it but if I can wait there a lawsuit should be finalized soon on the cvt either way I am cover cause I purchase the extended warranty too qx60 only got 68*** miles so far anyone has there replace an the Nissan cover it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts