Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im considering changing the CVT fluid on our 2013 JX35, it has 55K miles (5 years old now).
Bearing in mind the cost (about $350), what is the general consensus regarding CVT fluid change?
Inifiniti says to check and replace it if necessary, but that what all manufacturers say, for
all our other cars with traditional gear transmissions, I drop and fill every 30K miles.
Does changing the fluid improve the CVT's performance and lifespan?

·
Registered
663 Posts
I have the same JX as yours and my dealer said the fluid was "lifetime".... I have 91k on mine.

I'm also concerned about not changing fluids, but maybe that's old-school thinking.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There wasn't many responses so i would like to repost this and get some more feedback.

Would like to know if anyone has done the CVT fluid change maintenance?

What year is your JX/QX?

When did you change the fluid, and how many miles were you on?

Was there any noticeable change in the way the transmission behaved?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey there, have a JX with about 76000 on the odometer. I've been thinking about doing the same. I have had 3 Maximas and do a fair amount of work on them myself and had the same questions about a fluid drain and fill on the CVT.

Have you done the fluid swap yet? Unfortunately, given it's a "luxury" SUV community, you might get spotty responses.

·
Registered
475 Posts
There wasn't many responses so i would like to repost this and get some more feedback.

Would like to know if anyone has done the CVT fluid change maintenance?

What year is your JX/QX?

When did you change the fluid, and how many miles were you on?

Was there any noticeable change in the way the transmission behaved?

Thanks in advance
2014 Hybrid. CVT and transfer case fluid changed at 60k. CVT, transfer case, and differential fluid changed at 90k. I have ~92k on it at the time of this post. CVT continues to function as designed. If you want it to change the way it behaves, the dealer will need to “recalibrate” the CVT software—basically reset the software and it will have to relearn your driving style.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts