Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks - have a 2019.5 QX60 with heated steering wheel. The heated steering wheel should activate with a remote start, if cold enough (it has sometimes). There are times recently that it seems cold enough, but doesn't come on. Trying to evaluate if there is something wrong, or if it's perhaps not cold enough. Does anyone know what the threshold temperature is?

Related, upon remote start, does the heating system just run at whatever temperature was last set (for that keyfob, I assume). OR does it automatically kick in more heat if it is cold enough (I was thinking it was the later). I ask because lately is seems like when we remote start and it's running for a good 10 mins, it's really not that warm in the car.

In short, where can i find a tutorial of the auto heating/cooling features? So that I can diagnose if there are any issues or if we are guilty of user error!

Thanks much -
Brad in MA.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The fob used to activate the remote start will determine what temperature settings are chosen. To my understanding with my 2019, build date February 2019, the heated steering wheel only activates by pushing the button on the dash by your left knee, I have never had this activate by itself or during remote start.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! we had a 2019.1 QX60 prior to this one (the original one was totalled, unfortunately. (everyone okay)). In that first QX60, I am fairly certain the heated wheel came on automatically at times. Does the heated wheel button stay "on" when car is turned off then back on again? I didn't think it did - I thought reset upon ignition reboot?? I'll have to test...

in addition, just saw this slightly older post which seems to have a similar complaint (blowing cold air even after running for 5-10 mins):

In here, there is reference to the heated wheel AUTOMATICALLY coming on, which I know used to happen with our previous QX60. Just trying to get a definitive description on how this is designed to work. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks! we had a 2019.1 QX60 prior to this one (the original one was totalled, unfortunately. (everyone okay)). In that first QX60, I am fairly certain the heated wheel came on automatically at times. Does the heated wheel button stay "on" when car is turned off then back on again? I didn't think it did - I thought reset upon ignition reboot?? I'll have to test...

in addition, just saw this slightly older post which seems to have a similar complaint (blowing cold air even after running for 5-10 mins):

In here, there is reference to the heated wheel AUTOMATICALLY coming on, which I know used to happen with our previous QX60. Just trying to get a definitive description on how this is designed to work. Thanks so much!
Here in the Peoples republic of MA my wheel activates by ambient temp, the seat never activates during this procedure to the best of my knowledge. I've always had to turn it on, my seats are a twist on/off not a push button. The wheel is a push button by my knee as mentioned here.
Best wishes this Holiday Season
2017 QX60

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again for the replies. I did some testing. In our garage - I'm realizing that it 'only' gets about 45-50 degrees F or so. Heated wheel does not automatically turn on with remote start when parked in the garage overnight. But when parked outside, when it was 26 degrees one morning, upon remote start - voila! Heated wheel automatically turned on. Yes I know the seats will NOT come on automatically, but only if the knob(s) are turned on prior to turning car off. But the steering wheel absolutely comes on by itself, if cold enough. I'm not sure what the threshold temp is (inside and/or outside the car) but unfortunately for my wife, 45-50 degrees in the garage apparently is not cold enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts