Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I will share this in case anyone had similar issues.

Car is 2018 QX60, only 2 months old. I started noticing the following issues about a week ago:

A creaking noise when turning steering wheel (very well heard on the outside of the vehicle).
Rattling/squeaking coming from front left dash. Seemed like something on the inside and holding things in place did not stop it.
When stopped, accelerating for 1-2 seconds with left door open - could definitely hear some loud creak coming from where the top hinge is.

I dropped it off at the dealer two days ago, as I thought the steering creaking was power steering issues, so better to address it quickly. While there, was able to replicate the first sound (turning steering wheel) and I'm sure they were able to check on the rattle afterwards. Could not reproduce the door hinge sound right there and then, but I guess they were able to replicate it.

SO. Just got the call and they said after checking everything they believe all of it is caused by a crappy weld on the crossmember, so they will be replacing it. About a 3-4k job.

Not sure if it will solve the issues, but given their training, hope that is indeed the issue, but very strange to have it on a brand new vehicle especially this late in the model cycle. They did say it's the first case they have encountered. Fun times.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got the car back. Everything is back to normal!

They did end up replacing the cross member, part # 544003JA1E. Apparently internal weld has cracked.
In regards to the rattling/squeaking from front left dash, that was due to dash frame bolts not being tight enough around A pillar area.

So if you have a noise that shouldn't be there - def take it in - never know what's the exact reason.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts