Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my husband and I are looking at purchasing a 2013 or 2014 JX35 (or QX60). We live in Kansas and where we are located we don't get many of these cars available. And if there is a used one available at the dealerships here, they go for a premium.

We were thinking we MUST buy a CPO but finding the exact car with options we want and decent mileage anywhere near us means we must pay a lot. I have found many more available down in Texas and Oklahoma, that have exactly what we want, are $4k to $6k cheaper but they are not CPO.

So......is it better to spend more for the CPO or save some money and get the non-CPO? Then buy an extended warranty?

Thanks for any help and suggestions!

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
If I were buying a used JX or QX60, I'd look for the CPO first since you can get a better interest rate and warranty, plus the car is going to be in pretty good mechanical shape. Since there were issues (shutter) with some of the transmissions on the late model JX and QX60 models, you want to make sure the car you are purchasing has had that issue addressed. If you can find what you are looking for that is not CPO, I'd consider the Infiniti extended warranty.

We had an early model JX35 and traded it in at 50,000 trouble free miles. Absolutely loved that car. There were a few minor recalls all which were taken care of by Infiniti.

The big difference in the JX and QX version is the JX had a 3500 lb. towing capacity and the QX has a 5000 lb. towing capacity.

Good luck with your search and let us know what you find.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just purchased a loaded cpo jx in NJ with 34k miles for $30k after weeks of searching. Love the car and really enjoy the additional safety features and the comfort. I ended up purchasing the extended 7 years elite protection wrap for an additional $1600/ $23 additional to my monthly payment. Good luck with your search!

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Buy the cheaper car, have it inspected before you purchase it, and buy a warranty that covers it at any Infiniti dealership. You'll feel better, get better coverage, and get a good deal.

CPO is great if you're buying from a dealer because it went through a more intense inspection. You know the brakes and tires are better than 50%, and you get a warranty extension that covers a limited subset of stuff for an additional 2 years. But you can buy an extended warranty that covers more than the original bumper-to-bumper warranty, goes for longer and doesn't cost a ton.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts