Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using my iPod nano 7 via Bluetooth and the USB port works and sounds great except for the album cover art does not show up on the navigation screen. I turned on the cover art feature in Settings. Also the cover art is embedded in each file and displays fine On a variety of other devices.

Will this feature only work with a USB drive?

Any ideas?

:)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Correct, to get album art you have too have your iPod plugged into the USB port, and have the music source set to USB on the stereo. Album art will not display with music source set to Bluetooth.

I assume it is a bandwidth issue, I can tell a difference in the sound quality between Bluetooth and USB. I think music sounds better (more fidelity) using the USB port. As you know, bluetooth send the bits via a radio signal, USB send the bits via a wire.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Correct, to get album art you have too have your iPod plugged into the USB port, and have the music source set to USB on the stereo. Album art will not display with music source set to Bluetooth.

I assume it is a bandwidth issue, I can tell a difference in the sound quality between Bluetooth and USB. I think music sounds better (more fidelity) using the USB port. As you know, bluetooth send the bits via a radio signal, USB send the bits via a wire.
I am still missing something. I have the 16gb iPod nano plugged into the USB port and the music is playing away with song title and artist and album displayed but No cover art is visible. There is a image of a USB plug to the right of the artist/title. Is this where the cover art would show?

Is the cover art at the bottom half of the nav screen under where the status fuel economy is? If so is there a way to make the status suff go away to show the artwork?

·
Registered
486 Posts
I am still missing something. I have the 16gb iPod nano plugged into the USB port and the music is playing away with song title and artist and album displayed but No cover art is visible. There is a image of a USB plug to the right of the artist/title. Is this where the cover art would show?

Is the cover art at the bottom half of the nav screen under where the status fuel economy is? If so is there a way to make the status suff go away to show the artwork?
First, make sure you have "show album art" on in the info center menu. That should fix it, if it doesn't, does the iPod nano have blue tooth? If it does, then it means the music is playing through the Blue Tooth connection, despite having the ipod plugged into the USB port. To find out, turn off the bluetooth on the ipod, and see if the alum art displays.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mystery solved! The album cover art was hidden by the Status screen covering up the bottom half of the nav display (which shows climate and MPG and routes). Once I figured out how to remove the Status screen (pushing the AUX button once and selecting "Now Playing") the status screen was gone and there was the cover art! Also it is true that when using Bluetooth there is no cover art so indeed when I plug in a USB stick or the iPod Nano the cover art appears. Hooray! :):):)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts