Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a variety of cosmetic modifications to my 2015, it really looks sharp......but I think it would look amazing if it was lowered a couple inches. It’s the AWD version, and it’s my daily driver, so I have been a bit reluctant to do it because we live in MN where it snows about 5 months out of the year. I spoke with a local tech who has done lowering on Infiniti vehicles for years, he said lowering won’t have any impact on its ability to handle snow, but it will just be lower and more car-like.

Has anybody done this on a QX60? Aftermarket lowering springs are basically non-existent online.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should add......mine has 14k miles, and is still under factory warranty. I’m wondering if the warranty will be affected?

·
Registered
398 Posts
I should add......mine has 14k miles, and is still under factory warranty. I’m wondering if the warranty will be affected?
Note the highlighted blue text below...

2015 Infiniti Warranty Book

WHAT IS NOT COVERED
GENERAL EXCLUSIONS
This warranty does not cover damage, failures or corrosion
resulting from or caused by:
● Failure to operate the vehicle in accordance with the
Owner’s Manual
● Misuse, such as using the vehicle to tow
● Failure of a component not covered by warranty
● Racing and competitive driving
● Theft, vandalism, fire, or flooding (including engine
water ingestion)
● Accident, collision, being towed
● Repairs performed by anyone other than an authorized
Infiniti retailer
● Glass breakage, unless resulting from defects in material
or workmanship
● Normal wear and tear, including dings, dents, chips,
or scratches
● Damage caused by any automated or manually operated
car wash or by using a pressure washer Note that complaints related to failure to comply with
proper use of the vehicle as described in the applicable
Owner’s Manual (including the lack of availability or use
of proper fluid), or the vehicle’s lack of compliance with
local regulations or environmental requirements of any
country (other than the U.S. or Canada) are NOT covered
by this warranty.

DAMAGE OR FAILURES DUE TO ALTERATION
OR MODIFICATION
This warranty does not cover damage, failures or corrosion
resulting from or caused by:
● Alteration, tampering, or improper repair
● Installation of non-Infiniti approved accessories or
components
● Improper installation of any Infiniti approved aftermarket
accessory or component
● A vehicle whose odometer mileage has been altered,
or the odometer repaired or replaced and the actual
vehicle mileage cannot be correctly and readily determined

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking to do the same... I think a 3-4 inch drop, firmer shocks/struts, and sway bars would do well for this vehicle; I only drive it on Florida highways. Definitely post if you figure something out. I'll do the same.

This may require searching through the Nissan parts bin and seeing if there's anything that could work to modify this suspension...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have done a variety of cosmetic modifications to my 2015, it really looks sharp......but I think it would look amazing if it was lowered a couple inches. It’s the AWD version, and it’s my daily driver, so I have been a bit reluctant to do it because we live in MN where it snows about 5 months out of the year. I spoke with a local tech who has done lowering on Infiniti vehicles for years, he said lowering won’t have any impact on its ability to handle snow, but it will just be lower and more car-like.

Has anybody done this on a QX60? Aftermarket lowering springs are basically non-existent online.
What kind of cosmetic mods have you done?

·
Registered
398 Posts
This is a trend I'm seeing now. These days, a lot of cars have high theft rates that owners tend to lower their vehicles to protect them. Good luck.
You lost me Jesca, how does lowering the vehicle 4 inches protect it from theft — or are you saying Vehicles that are lowered are stolen more often?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts