Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I an considering purchasing a used 2014 QX60. The reviews are scaring the daylights out of me. Does anyone have any words of wisdom? Is this a wise move? Should I stay away from the car? Welcome any thoughts or feedback.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What's in the reviews that is scaring you? We bought a loaded 2014 last year and really like it. It will fall out of warranty in the next couple of months, which doesn't thrill me, but it's a really pleasant car that rides like it should. We haven't had any of the acceleration issues some folks have mentioned - those fixes were done before we bought it. What specific questions do you have?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not familiar with the vehicle, and read some general reviews that labeled the QX60 as unreliable. When I read that, I got nervous. I don't want to buy a problem. That is why I joined this forum...to get first hand, practical feedback.

I owned a Q45 several years ago, and it was an absolute beast....one of the best/fastest cars I have ever owned. It was relatively care free.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, some of the problems highlighted were:
- transmission issues
- adaptive cruise control issues (unrequired braking when passed on the left)
- braking issues (loss of brake line pressure/pedal goes to floor) / adaptive braking for metal plates in the road

Mostly....JD Powers gave the 2014 a rating of 2 for reliability, which made me stop and wonder if I was buying a problem child. I understand that was probably for the first QX 60s off the line in 2014....which is why I was looking for more recent/relevant feedback.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd like to hear from someone who bought this car new and has had a few years to break it in. Ours was in very good shape with all available options (down to the roof rack, tow package, tech and theater packages, etc) and I have no complaints. My daily driver is a little Nissan Leaf, which is unbelievably quick and responsive in contrast to what I think is a pretty cumbersome, big, squishy drive with the QX60 but the QX60 is the best cruising vehicle I've ever had. I'd happily drive ten hours at a stretch in it. It's got a lot of tech, no doubt, which is a lot of things that can break or stop working. I think about that and my inability to fix those things myself, and I don't like that...but I have not personally experienced any unreliability to speak of yet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2014 QX60 that I bought new. 64k miles on it. The only issue I have had is the transmission shudder. Infiniti replaced the transmission and I have had no issues since. I believe they have extended the base warranty on the tranny due to that issue, so I assume you would be covered should the problem arise. Other than that, just routine maintenance (brakes/tires/oil changes, etc) and no other major mechanical issues to speak of.

Hope that helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts