Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got a new QX60 2020, I've had to have it taken in twice for service but am getting very disappointing feedback.

I complained because I thought the heat wasn't working - took it in, was told the heat was working. Drove it home, back of legs, feet are freezing. Call Infiniti Dealer to tell them....it really really isnt' working... they come out the next day and pick it up - I get the car back and am told the heat does work, they did no work to it... they explained to me that the heated seats blow out cold air.. this seems HIGHLY unlikely that heated seats would blow out FRIGID (not cool) air.

I am distressed, not sure what to do - and I can find nothing as of yet to guide me in the right direction as to how to proceed.

I assure you there is no exaggeration here - I live in Cleveland, the mornings are 20 degrees Fahrenheit right now and I am using a heated blanket to keep my legs warm in the vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this sarcasm? I am honestly trying to discover heat in my vehicle, and the seat has no problem being hot - its the feet/leg area where I would like heat. However the seat warmer seems to initiate what I am being told is a ventilation system for the seat warmer.

I have been playing around with the controls more to see if I am just missing something since no one at the dealership wants to help a lady figure out her brand new car.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Nope, not sarcasm...I’m guessing based on what you wrote. Sounded like the cold air was coming from your seats...if the seat heat is on, the fans in the seats should be off. The fan in the seat should only come on in ventilation (cool) mode. If the seat fan is coming on when you have the knob on heat, then something is wrong. Bottomline, the seat heat/cool function is controlled by the knob on the center console, not the setting on the dash.

So where is the cold air coming from? The dash vents? What is the setting of the climate system? Auto or Manuel? If Manuel, what is the air flow setting? Floor, dash vents, windshield? If on auto, have you tried running it in Manuel mode? Is it on recirculate or outside air?

Lots of possibilities.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I just got a new QX60 2020, I've had to have it taken in twice for service but am getting very disappointing feedback.

I complained because I thought the heat wasn't working - took it in, was told the heat was working. Drove it home, back of legs, feet are freezing. Call Infiniti Dealer to tell them....it really really isnt' working... they come out the next day and pick it up - I get the car back and am told the heat does work, they did no work to it... they explained to me that the heated seats blow out cold air.. this seems HIGHLY unlikely that heated seats would blow out FRIGID (not cool) air.

I am distressed, not sure what to do - and I can find nothing as of yet to guide me in the right direction as to how to proceed.

I assure you there is no exaggeration here - I live in Cleveland, the mornings are 20 degrees Fahrenheit right now and I am using a heated blanket to keep my legs warm in the vehicle.
Good Morning, did you ever figure this issue out?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good Morning, did you ever figure this issue out?
If not, here's an easy solution. Turn the rear heater on either 1st or 2nd speed to circulate air/heat around the floor of the cabin. Trust me this works. What happens is, you have cold air from the rear of the vehicle being pulled forward towards the front of the cabin, down and around your ankles/lower leg area. By turning on the rear heat, your heating this air BEFORE it hits yours legs. Large cabin vehicles are prone to this, all that cold air in the rear being pulled forward. Remember, cold air drops, warm air rises. Our Acura MDX [7 seater] does the same thing. You will thank me for this people. Cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts