Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
So I finalized a deal yesterday, and am waiting to pick up since dealer has to trade the exact vehicle in. Looking forward to picking this up tomorrow!

I am in the east bay (SF Bay area) and closed on a 2017 AWD Graphite Shadow Premium + Premium Plus + Driver Assistance pkg new vehicle yesterday. I had them add the running boards for easy access for the little ones.
I think I got a pretty good price (will post details on pricing thread.

She is coming off a 2010 Lexus ES350 that we bought 1.5 years new, and kept for just over 5 years. Growing family (2 going on to 3 in the near future) initiated this purchase.

I've had a couple of BMWs in the recent past (2010 e93 335i convertible, 2003 e39 540i M-Sport) and a very trusty 2004 MDX way back when. We considered the newer MDX (too small and "gadgety" for her), Buick Enclave (great ergonomics for kids), Lexus GX (too truck-like, V8-was-a-no-no, and what's with that side-opening rear door?) but eventually decided to go with the QX60.

The DA pkg with the intelligent cruise was a must for me since I will be driving it on weekends, and my current ride is a Tesla S. Self-driving features ftw!

Looking forward to being a part of this community!

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Congratulations on your new QX60. No its not a Tesla S but its a pretty nice car for the money. Thanks for joining the forum and enjoy your new ride. Hope you wife likes it as much as you like the Tesla.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bob. Both have their +s and -s.
I was tempted to go with the DT package since all the steering assist stuff is buried there (LDW, LDP, BlindSpot Intervention), but that woulda bumped the price 12% or so. And she doesn't even like/use plain ol' cruise control.

Congratulations on your new QX60. No its not a Tesla S but its a pretty nice car for the money. Thanks for joining the forum and enjoy your new ride. Hope you wife likes it as much as you like the Tesla.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was excited about the ICC also, but realized if you come to a stop, it'll shut off the ICC (Intelligent Cruise Control) and you'll have to set/resume again. Unfortunately it doesnt just start up again when traffic goes.

Tesla fan here (waiting for my 3).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Indeed. But it works well enough to make it comfortable in weekend traffic. The "full stop" is more of a daily work week commute scenario, and only a 5% use case for me (and her). The plan is to keep the car 7-8 years and the DA pkg is worth it to me at under $2000 over that time period...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Indeed. But it works well enough to make it comfortable in weekend traffic. The "full stop" is more of a daily work week commute scenario, and only a 5% use case for me (and her). The plan is to keep the car 7-8 years and the DA pkg is worth it to me at under $2000 over that time period...
Agreed it's still worth it. It'll be a nice transition to a tesla AP for me. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts