Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 2013 Pathfinder was a Platinum, and I didn't like the 20" wheels. They were anthracite gray, with the 5 prominent spokes machined faced which really, really pointed out their directional "pinwheel" styling. I haven't like directional since the white Enkei "propeller" wheels I put on our white Accord in 1988 got stale. So while I had our snow tires on (Blizzaks on 18" Murano wheels) during the winter, I sent the 20" wheels for a SoCal vacation to get chromed at ChromeTech. IMHO, that fixed them, they don't look as directional with all 10 spokes the same finish.

When we sold the PF, I liked the 20" wheels so much that I kept them for the 2015 QX. Being that the PF and QX are essentially the same car, sure, they fit with the exact same width, offset, and hub bore. Below is a pic of them. I know, I know, chrome is a love/hate thing and are most often seen on donk cars, but these look really classy in person. And since they will only get driven in the summer months, I'm not worried about corrosion and peeling from salt exposure. Some day I'm going to put the QX's OEM 20" wheels on eBay or something, and as soon as I do, my wife or I will curb these chromed units :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
663 Posts
I have the dark-gray pinwheel style 20's, and while I like the darker color, I'm also not a fan of the "style". It's strange. I've also thought about sending my rims to California to for a powder-coated black paint job, just haven't gotten around to it.

Your PF chrome rims look good.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeller, you mean powder coated black like these? Before our ordered QX came in, I bought these real PF wheels that were already powder coated black so I could keep the chromes and the Murano 18" snows. We had both finishes on the same PF wheel style at the same time, and picked the chromes. To each their own, huh? So my garage is cluttered with big boxes of the new Infiniti 20" wheels that still have the florescent green balance stickers on them.

Attachments

·
Registered
663 Posts
yeller, you mean powder coated black like these? Before our ordered QX came in, I bought these real PF wheels that were already powder coated black so I could keep the chromes and the Murano 18" snows. We had both finishes on the same PF wheel style at the same time, and picked the chromes. To each their own, huh? So my garage is cluttered with big boxes of the new Infiniti 20" wheels that still have the florescent green balance stickers on them.
Yes, that's what I want, black rims on white paint. Love the looks. I'm just not a fan of chrome.

BTW, you missed a perfect opportunity to keep the black rims and plasti-dip the grill/emblems black. :D Just kidding.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mmmmm... black powdercoat... (said like Homer Simpson eyeing a doughnut) :)

They were good looking, they looked like black chrome. But not for us.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts