Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just recently bought the 2014 QX60 and looking at the rear air flow controls on screen, I noticed that the air flow can be switched towards the face or the feet. I would think you can use the air flow button to change this for the rear as you do for the driver/passenger area but it doesn't like it works. I am wondering if this is a defect or just user error? Anyone else have this experience/issue? I checked the Youtubes and guides for this and it isn't clear which button will allow you to change air flow for the rear(it does for the front area).

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Are you talking about switching the airflow from the upper vents (in rear, these would be the ones in the center console for 2nd row and the ones on the side of the car for 3rd row) to the lower (floor) vents? I'm not sure you can do that in the rear. I think if it is A/C, it comes out the top vents and heat comes out the lowers (heat rises, cool air sinks).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Yes, I am referring to the vents in the 2nd row. It looks like it can be changed to be either upper vents or lower vents since the directional arrow within the main/front screen. Also, I have seen the directional arrow change from the lower vents to the upper vents. I will try and see if airflow only goes to the upper vents when the AC is enabled. Thanks.

·
Registered
323 Posts
One thing you might want to do while you wait for a response here is visit a dealer to see if this is also the case with some of the PF's they have, best way to see if what you have is a real issue or just normal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am planning on bringing it to the dealer for its first oil change soon so I may ask then. I also tried turning on the AC to see if the airflow would change from the lower to the upper vents in the 2nd row and it did not. I wish there was some clarity on how/what dictates the airflow changes/functionality within their manual or YouTube videos...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue

I am planning on bringing it to the dealer for its first oil change soon so I may ask then. I also tried turning on the AC to see if the airflow would change from the lower to the upper vents in the 2nd row and it did not. I wish there was some clarity on how/what dictates the airflow changes/functionality within their manual or YouTube videos...

Hi, did you ever get resolve with this? I am having the same issue.
Thanks very much

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi i have noticed in order to getvthe air flow changed , the rear temp must be at least 63degrees and it will change to vented air flow to the face . Yemps above this degrees will automatically detour to the floor vents

1 - 7 of 7 Posts