Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I bought a 2017 infiniti QX60 with powertrain warranty. I am looking to replace my stereo/headunit with a Tesla style 12.1" headunit. Do you think it will void my powertrain warranty?
The sales rep said yes but the service department said as long as its not going to mess with another component, you should be fine. I am confused here.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Can you get a copy of the warranty to read the fine print? I think if it's something that can be returned to OEM say if you wanted to sell it and keep the unit, however, if the install causes a malfunction in that circuit, then they can force you to cover the cost of repair but they have to prove that it did.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you get a copy of the warranty to read the find print? I think if it's something that can be returned to OEM say if you wanted to sell it and keep the unit, however, if the install causes a malfunction in that circuit, then they can force you to cover the cost of repair but they have to prove that it did.
Hmm okay thank you. I emailed Infiniti Canada and they replied me back with this
"INFINITI Canada relies on the expertise of the technicians to provide technical advise on warrantable concerns.
Page 9 of the Warranty booklet advises on what is not covered:
Any repairs required as a result of modifications to the vehicle to accept non- INFINITI -approved parts or accessories.
Limitations to your New Vehicle warranty show that improper installation of any INFINITI approved or aftermarket accessory or component would not be covered. "
So what I think is as long as I don't mess anything up, I should be fine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah, I think you would be fine, maybe send some lunch to the the techs at the Infiniti dealership if you ever have any problems. lol
I don't think it would void your whole warranty just if something would happen to your OEM radio they would look for issues with the install and go from there.
Good Luck, hope your new unit works out great!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I think you would be fine, maybe send some lunch to the the techs at the Infiniti dealership if you ever have any problems. lol
I don't think it would void your whole warranty just if something would happen to your OEM radio they would look for issues with the install and go from there.
Good Luck, hope your new unit works out great!!
Haha ..
Yes hopefully. Thank you for your help :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts