Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering a 2015 Qx60 hybrid. I'm trying to figure out what changed year to year. There was a major transmission recall and change in 2016? Just trying to figure out what other unknowns are out there on the 15 hybrids

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
2016 got revised styling. 2017 got the more powerful v6 engine and updated infotainment. I would go with a 2017 if you can afford it. To me the styling on the 15s look a little dated but the 16-18 looks great and should for many years. Hybrid was discontinued after 2017 and there’s not much of an mpg advantage, especially on the highway.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I would not get a hybrid QX60. Just not worth it for the few extra mpg's. Get a 15,16 or 17 CPO instead.

If you have a steep driveway, I would definitely steer clear of a hybrid. They're incapable of going backwards up a hill.

Reactions: MarengoMac

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would not get a hybrid QX60. Just not worth it for the few extra mpg's. Get a 15,16 or 17 CPO instead.

If you have a steep driveway, I would definitely steer clear of a hybrid. They're incapable of going backwards up a hill.
Of all people... LISTEN to this guy. He’s one of the resident EXPERTS.... not to mention that he works at a Bay Area Infiniti Dealership and gives GREAT advice.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i got a 16 because of the updated styling. the infotainment upgrade is not really an upgrade.. just a new visual.. same crappy system. i would suggest waiting for the 2020 or later. Infiniti is supposed to be overhauling their entire infotainment system.. they are WAY behind to the competition.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Owning the new QX50 and the 2016 QX60, I'm hesitant to trading in the 2016 until a year after the next major revision, anticipating a major update. I do agree the infotainment system is somewhat dated, but does meet my expectations. Infiniti does need to make some improvements in the front passenger seating, especially the right front. The seat needs a lumbar support and it can be a bit uncomfortable on long trips with someone with short legs. My wife is tall in body and is uncomfortable because the seat isn't as adjustable as some of the competitor models.

Some of the features on the fully loaded QX50 that are very nice are the automatic high beams, the turning headlights (move to match your steering), the heads up display is very nice and of course the ProPilot. Its still no where near the AutoPilot on the Tesla but it is an enhancement. I do think Infiniti and Nissan will improve the system in the future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts