Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all QX60 owners.
I own a 2014 QX60 and it is less than 2 years old. During the weekend, I pop up the hood and found the battery terminal (esp. the positive) is full of white powder. :eek:
I am wondering if this is normal?
Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Probably due to the clamp being a bit loose. Not normal, but not a big deal. Clean it off and tighten the clamp. I would expect Infiniti service to do this if you go to them for an oil change, for example, for no charge, also.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Have 55,000 miles on my 2013 JX. Last year the car would not tun over, found the battery terminals corroded. I cleaned them and recharged the battery. I have the maintenance plan so I asked my service writer why this had not been caught. He told me battery terminal review was not a check point item. Now I notice it is. They tested the battery and it tested fine. I coated the terminals with vasoline. I also visually check out the battery with each oil change now.

BTW, might be a good time to learn how to unlock the shifter if your battery is dead.
I needed to move my car away from the wall to service the battery and I had to learn how to disengage the shifter. I now keep a small screw driver in the glovebox to open that shifter lock cover.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts