Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all QX60 owners.
I own a 2014 QX60 and it is less than 2 years old. During the weekend, I pop up the hood and found the battery terminal (esp. the positive) is full of white powder. :eek:
I am wondering if this is normal?
Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Probably due to the clamp being a bit loose. Not normal, but not a big deal. Clean it off and tighten the clamp. I would expect Infiniti service to do this if you go to them for an oil change, for example, for no charge, also.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Same problem on my 2013. Dealership said there wasn't a problem (obviously wrong), even though the support arm holding the battery in place is corroding.

I've been cleaning the terminals with baking soda and water. It washes off quite fast, but still a little pissed that something is boiling the water out of the batteries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahLNvQapnyk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Have 55,000 miles on my 2013 JX. Last year the car would not tun over, found the battery terminals corroded. I cleaned them and recharged the battery. I have the maintenance plan so I asked my service writer why this had not been caught. He told me battery terminal review was not a check point item. Now I notice it is. They tested the battery and it tested fine. I coated the terminals with vasoline. I also visually check out the battery with each oil change now.

BTW, might be a good time to learn how to unlock the shifter if your battery is dead.
I needed to move my car away from the wall to service the battery and I had to learn how to disengage the shifter. I now keep a small screw driver in the glovebox to open that shifter lock cover.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2016 with 13K miles (new to us) and the battery hold down is already very corroded on one side with evidence of past leaking.
I wonder what's up with these batteries.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts